Techpriests, Worth It?

CoffeeGrunt

I'm looking at running a Techpriest with a couple of Servitors in my lists, in order to support my tank-heavy lists, especially my Tank Commander or Pask.

IMO, he'll be really handy for offsetting the Hull Point attrition my list suffers from, as well as limiting the effects of Shaken/Stunned results by handing out PotMS, as well as fixing Weapons and Immobilisation results. Anyone else tried one of these guys out and feel it's worth it?

I generally run 2 in a 3k list, usually one with 2 Servitors, the other one solo (in a squad though) depending on the pts I have, perfect for handing out PotMS to Lemans. And repairing HP's when needed. (Don't count on that too much though. Certainty comes at a price. msn-wink.gif)

I say: Yes. Totally worth it.

Yes, absolutely. I've always liked the adepts of Mars, even my Marines use Techmarines often (yey for MotF!), Enginseers were nice to have before but now they can grant PotMS they've become a lot better. A couple of servitors is my favourite number as it's a good medium between bonuses and cost, as well as keeping the unit size down. If you're going to be using a lot of armour or a super heavy (such as a Macharius) then he becomes very useful indeed and can make the difference between victory or defeat by keeping the blessed machines of the Omnissiah going.

I'm gunna try one with two Servitors then, and see how it goes. Seems cheap enough for a half-decent unit at its job. Just have to decide on what will represent the Priest, I'm going to use converted Drones for the Servitors. Something more alike a traditional Engineer would work, time to scour some 3rd party sites!

I've only lost Pasquisher when I've been utterly crushed (daemons, I rip all else to shreds), so I generally don't bother.  If I were running Punisher Pask, I still wouldn't, a priest who rushes forward is in mortal danger...kinda like a Pask who rushes forward!  The only time I run one, and it is totally worth it by the way, was in support of my shadowsword...the priest puts back at least three HP per game, which is...what, 180 points worth?  That, and also, I support the shadowsword with a psycher...gots ta twinlink those lascannons and reroll that scatter on the pieplate, right?

I would like to run Psykers, but it wouldn't fit my fluff sadly. Techpriest I can make work, though sadly FW have discontinued the Tau Engineer model I was hoping to use! 

In support of my Macharius while hopping over to my other tanks, I think the Priest would be very valuable.

Archived