Is LatD stronger than AM?

bozo69pd

Better is a relative term somewhat, I'm not familiar enough with the LatD list to say much on this. Could someone highlight the main differences between the armies? It can't be as bad as the "you can also have all the Imperial formations" in Apocalypse?

Lost and the Damned - think Chaos Imperial Guard.

In my opinion, it looks like they have many of the Guard toys, but none of the special rules. More of a rabble using Imperial tech a la Blood Pact.

After reading some of this Forge World LatD info from warhammer fest does anyone feel like they are simply AM but better?

It's too early to tell. As of right now, the Latd lack an order system, which is a pretty big force multiplier for Astra Militarum. We'll have to wait until they get their full release to get an in depth comparison.

Link to what is suppose to be in book

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297876-ia13-dedicated-transport-dreadclaws-and-more/

I believe you will be getting three varieties off lists: Horde of cheap guys, the extremely tank heavy, or extremely assault/aggressive build.  Its a little early but this book has so many choices for chaos players. 

Im looking forward to LaTD being competitive again, but like said above lack of orders and random LD will mean it plays different to AM. larger blobs of crappier troops, medium and light artillery and limited highS weapons mean rush lists will probably be more viable. AM will be AM and LaTD will just make cultists more varied really.

Archived