Mikey's BA project (pic heavy)- Mephiston

chaplainmikey

Here's what I've got done over Christmas.

Converted Furioso Dread, putting those Death storm Genestealers to good use. :p
gallery_26383_7868_10826.jpg

My conversion of Captain Karlaen-

gallery_26383_7868_10940.jpg

Bulking out my compliment of Terminators with a mix of Dark Vengeance, regualr, and the new Assault Terminators-

gallery_26383_7868_27790.jpg

gallery_26383_7868_24569.jpg

Still have a lot to assemble , most notably a Land Raider Crusader and a Storm Raven as well as wanting to add a full unit of 10 Sternguard Vets in the near future.

Mikey, this stuff is great!! I really love the coloring on the faces and the eye detail looks ace too!!

Is Karlean's leg moved back?? It's hard for me to see due to the bright picture and my poor eye sight!! :P

Always glad to see terminators getting some love!! I am building the new TDA clam pack currently. A truly great model!!

Keep up the top notch stuff!!

End of Line

Mikey, this stuff is great!! I really love the coloring on the faces and the eye detail looks ace too!!

Is Karlean's leg moved back?? It's hard for me to see due to the bright picture and my poor eye sight!! tongue.png

Always glad to see terminators getting some love!! I am building the new TDA clam pack currently. A truly great model!!

Keep up the top notch stuff!!

End of Line

Karlean has a completely different set of legs which are from the new Assault Terminator set, as is his torso front. ;)

Here are some better pics for those interested.-

gallery_26383_7868_23491.jpg

gallery_26383_7868_34301.jpg

gallery_26383_7868_14896.jpg

Also I've nearly finished 2 more Terminators, just need to finish their bases. :)

gallery_26383_7868_53372.jpg

Finished my Stormraven today. The colour is a bit washed out and flat on the pictures as the highlights and weathering just wouldn't play nice for my rather crappy camera phone. :P Ah well, one day I'll definitely invest in a decent camera and a light box or something.

gallery_26383_7868_36059.jpg

gallery_26383_7868_33369.jpg

gallery_26383_7868_7210.jpg

gallery_26383_7868_194954.jpg

I am rather happy with it though considering I usually find it a bit of a slog to get through painting Imperial vehicles. The base came out nicely too I think. :)

Love the Dread, chaplainmikey. Nice atmosphere, awesome use of the Genestealers, and great paint job!

Thanks. The poor Genestealers have to be useful for something right? :P

That is some very clean painting.

Thanks. :)

All around good work! Just like a Chaplain, you are motivating and inspiring your blood angel brothers smile.png

I hope so, I get a hell of a lot of motivation just checking out others' work on here so it's nice to hear I'm motivating others in turn. :)

Last night I changed my list around, dropping Captain Karlaen in favour of another Librarian armed with a sword and shield, so I got busy with some spare bits and came up with this chap;

gallery_26383_7868_24126.jpg

gallery_26383_7868_20945.jpg

Hoping to get more painting done soon, just need to wait on getting some more black spray. :/

• 3 weeks later...

great work brother!

I was wondering if you had anything planned for the stormraven window panes or if you were just going to leave them black?

I'll probably leave them black for now but I would like to go back and add some kind of reflective glass effect in the future.

Been busy with a new Dark Elf project lately but today I finished my Banner Bearer for my Assault Terminators;

gallery_26383_7868_25348.jpg

gallery_26383_7868_30540.jpg

gallery_26383_7868_41564.jpg

gallery_26383_7868_63089.jpg

gallery_26383_7868_50170.jpg

I need to paint their Land Raider next really but then after that I'll be getting stuck into a 15 man Death Company squad I'll be fielding at Warhammer World in a team game on the 21st.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the way you paint your models, do you use an airbrush at all and have you considered adding battle damage to your terminators or are they just untouchabld ;)

I love the way you paint your models, do you use an airbrush at all and have you considered adding battle damage to your terminators or are they just untouchabld ;)

Archived