Help! I have birthday money to spend!

scatmandoo

Hello there fellow soldiers,

I am here requesting help on how to build my regiment up. I have been given £15 GW vouchers that are to be spent in a shop and a £10 note.

Possibly funds to add to it too. What do I get???

What a predicament, but I'm sure we can help you out msn-wink.gif From what I know you've got a good number of tanks and troopers so maybe you'd like some artillery or a specific tank you may be missing? Fancy some abhumans instead? Failing that you can never have enough Guardsmen biggrin.png

If you could list what you have and what you may or may not be interested in I'm sure comrades will be throwing suggestions at you like ordnance at xenos tongue.png

Thanks commissar!

Well I have many ccs/pcs/ infantry with various special weapons in decent quantitys.

1 x priest

3 x psykers.

I have 3 metal ogryn

6 xmetal scions plus plastic spares to make more. Been playtesting using normal troopers for special weapons.

3 x chimera

1 x hellhound

1 x valk

1 x valk/detta

2 x magnetised sentinels

1 x lascannon sentinel

1 x wyvern

1 x russ exterminator

1 x russ

1 x fully magnetised heavy chassis russ

1 x possible if kept basilisk.

Think thats it off the top of my head.

That's a nice collection of models, what I like to see! :) I think another Wyvern would be good as they're great as pairs, or another Russ (maybe a magnetised standard one)? A second Hellhound to magnetise for the new variants would also be a good addition. For infantry it doesn't look like you need too much unless you're thinking of increasing your boot count - perhaps some more Stormies?

Been tempted by stormies for sure. Having a birthday battle this evening so will be playtesting them in numbers.

I like the hound idea, though with air support and sentinels I am stuck on FA slots very quickly. Though it could sqn...

O I have another standard russ too! That I forgot about. Don't think the russ will get past the bank...

Failing that you can never have enough Guardsmen biggrin.png

If you could list what you have and what you may or may not be interested in I'm sure comrades will be throwing suggestions at you like ordnance at xenos tongue.png

I 2nd both of the comments above. Although I prefer throwing ordnance at Heretics over xenos, xenos will suffice.

But honestly, we would really need to know what you have and your "Big Picture" in order to recommend something that makes sense. Sometime I really need to open a topic and reply immediately instead of waiting a bit... I'd go with Manticore or Bassie. I love both and they have yet to not earn back their points in a game. But I'm partial to arty...

Failing that you can never have enough Guardsmen biggrin.png

I 2nd both of the comments above. Although I prefer throwing ordnance at Heretics over xenos, xenos will suffice.

But honestly, we would really need to know what you have and your "Big Picture" in order to recommend something that makes sense. Sometime I really need to open a topic and reply immediately instead of waiting a bit... I'd go with Manticore or Bassie. I love both and they have yet to not earn back their points in a game. But I'm partial to arty...

Thanks for the comments.

I have and will playtest a bassie, though I can't see how a russ isn't better for the same targets?

Manticores appeal but I normally play marines and they get too close to quickly before I would be in the minimum range.

A demolisher is begging to be used but for the money, technically the scions would only cost me £6!

Birthday bat rep to come and I'm afraid it is a game of ups and mostly downs.

Pask in a Punisher however......

Archived