2000pt World Eater Lists - Chainaxes galore!

Castiel

Hi guys.

I've been thinking about doing a traitor Legion to counterpoint to my Salamanders and have been messing around with a few lists. I was wondering what people's opinions on the following are:

List 1: Jump-pack World Eaters

Praetor: Jump pack, m-c paragon blade, plasma pistol, iron halo, digital lasers, melta bombs. 220

Primus Medicae: Artificier armour, jump pack, melta bombs, refractor field. 130

Primus Medicae: Artificier armour, jump pack, melta bombs, refractor field. 130

Assault Squad (20 man): Artificier armour, combat shield, power fist, melta bombs. 433

Assault Squad (20 man): Artificier armour, combat shield, power fist, melta bombs. 433

Rampagers (10 man): Jump packs, 2x barb-hook lash, 4x excoriator chainaxe, 2x meteor hammer, 2x twin falax blades, artificier armour. 340

Contemptor Dreadnought: 2x Dreadnought ccw. 175

Sicarian Battle Tank. 135

Total: 1996.

With this list I'd run the Primus medicaes in the large blobs of assault marines while the praetor goes with the rampagers. The sicarian provides fire support. The basic idea is to get a large number of marines into the enemy's face and use power fists and melta bombs to counter any armour I run into.

List 2: Footslogging World Eaters

Khârn: Legacy of Blood. 190

Tactical squad (20 man): pistols and ccws, artificier armour, power fist. 275

Tactical squad (20 man): pistols and ccws, artificier armour, power fist. 275

Tactical squad (15 man): pistols and ccws, artificier armour, power fist. 225

3x Apothecaries: all with artificier armour. 165

Contemptor Dreadnought: 2x Dreadnought ccw175

Rampagers (9 man): 2x barb-hook lash, 3x excoriator chainaxe, 2x meteor hammer, 2x twin falax blades, artificier armour. 310

Land raider Phobos: 250

Sicarian Battle Tank. 135

So this list is a slower version of the jump pack idea. A large volume of troops accompanied by apothecaries, Karn with the Rampagers in the Phobos and the Contemptor all go after the enemy while the Sicarian provides fire support.

I'm also considering doing an Iron Warriors Siege List, but haven't finished writing it yet. Any feedback on the above is welcome. You will probably notice a lack of anti-flier in the lists, that is because no-one is currently fielding them in my area, however if they do become more used I will likely change the Contemptors into Contemptor-Mortis to counter them. Thanks in advance!

Archived