How defeat Necron chariot?

fabambina

He will just allocate LC shots on himself and eat them with his 3 wounds and 3++ save. Command Barge is a bitch to take down. It is immune to anti infantry because he allocates wounds on the Chariot. Anything up to S6 is useless. S7 spam will either be stopped by AV13 + jink or allocated to the Lord with his 2+ save. LC fire can not be spammed but this is basically what it comes down to. Use shots that could kill AV13 and get through a 2+ save and is numerous enough to avoid the 3++ save.

Bloody chariot rules. I believe someone is paying homage to Matt Ward :D

Chariot has AV13

Overlord has 2+/3++

Together they can Jink and if killed, can Rez on 4+.

So, just tarpit him with a 20 man Conscript with Commisar. The Overlord doesnt have that many attacks.

He will just allocate LC shots on himself and eat them with his 3 wounds and 3++ save. Command Barge is a bitch to take down. It is immune to anti infantry because he allocates wounds on the Chariot. Anything up to S6 is useless. S7 spam will either be stopped by AV13 + jink or allocated to the Lord with his 2+ save. LC fire can not be spammed but this is basically what it comes down to. Use shots that could kill AV13 and get through a 2+ save and is numerous enough to avoid the 3++ save.

Bloody chariot rules. I believe someone is paying homage to Matt Ward biggrin.png

Confession time. I'm a longtime Necron player, and this ^ is how it works. Keep in mind, he can't join anything. Here's the funny thing, I have been using the Overlord on command Chariot since 7th came out for Crons. The truth is.... it isn't killy enough for me.

Before you roll your eyes stick with me on this. The points for the OL on the Chariot is horrendous and it can't really be 'hidden'. For the points, hands down, I think the Destro-Lord is still far more menacing and can be hidden AND works as a force multiplier very effectively with other units (especially wraiths).

The reason I use the chariot? I bought lots of the models and it was so immensely disappointing in 5th/6th I never even bothered painting it and would just proxy it for a named character in a chariot (which you can't do now).

My advice? Get a speed bump, throw a bunch of zombies, or even fearless (Helbrute Cult or character driven) at it. Tarpit it down, and it won't be nearly as effective against sheer numbers this is what happens to me against Nids for instance (quite frequently). The Chariot does have speed on its side, but again, it can't effectively hide. Remember how it expensive it is vs the price of one or two fat cultist squads.

+++EDIT+++

Oops sorry. Chaos on the brain, but the same thing applies for fearless bubbles. It's how I deal with the nasties with my Astra. A priest out of the action (with two axes in the bubble) does wonders for me, giving an invuln.

Bloody chariot rules. I believe someone is paying homage to Matt Ward biggrin.png

Confession time. I'm a longtime Necron player, and this ^ is how it works. Keep in mind, he can't join anything. Here's the funny thing, I have been using the Overlord on command Chariot since 7th came out for Crons. The truth is.... it isn't killy enough for me.

Before you roll your eyes stick with me on this. The points for the OL on the Chariot is horrendous and it can't really be 'hidden'. For the points, hands down, I think the Destro-Lord is still far more menacing and can be hidden AND works as a force multiplier very effectively with other units (especially wraiths).

The reason I use the chariot? I bought lots of the models and it was so immensely disappointing in 5th/6th I never even bothered painting it and would just proxy it for a named character in a chariot (which you can't do now).

My advice? Get a speed bump, throw a bunch of zombies, or even fearless (Helbrute Cult or character driven) at it. Tarpit it down, and it won't be nearly as effective against sheer numbers this is what happens to me against Nids for instance (quite frequently). The Chariot does have speed on its side, but again, it can't effectively hide. Remember how it expensive it is vs the price of one or two fat cultist squads.

+++EDIT+++

Oops sorry. Chaos on the brain, but the same thing applies for fearless bubbles. It's how I deal with the nasties with my Astra. A priest out of the action (with two axes in the bubble) does wonders for me, giving an invuln.

Quite difficult when your army consist of 16-24 models. In those cases you just hose him down. Rending is AMAZING when dealing with the Chariot. He might put it on the Chariot and a rending hit blows the Quantum shield. TWC with rending and some S10 do the trick for me. I usually do not touch him with ranged. Too ineffective.

Per above, if you really have to kill it - Rending works.

Use Ratlings with Ignores Cover Orders. If you get a Precision Strike you can allocate it to the Overlord.

Otherwise you can also use a Command Squad with quad Melta and Ignores Cover Orders.

My answer to most problems...Demolisher Cannons. He can put it on his AV13...except you'll thank him for that. He can try to make his 3++...except failure means instant deal. Now you're taking three Demolisher Cannons in your army...right...right?

is it this easy? just add demolishers?

Chariot has AV13

Overlord has 2+/3++

Together they can Jink and if killed, can Rez on 4+.

So, just tarpit him with a 20 man Conscript with Commisar. The Overlord doesnt have that many attacks.

is this going to lead to his death or just tie him up for a bit?

Another point here is that I believe the av13 is due to quantum shielding. This means it goes to av11 after its first pen hit (check with Necron codex for accuracy)

this is correct.

TWC with rending and some S10 do the trick for me. 

TWC?

TWC = Thunder Wolf Cavalry, a Space Wolf unit.

Tarpits aren't usually intended to take the target out but it should be attempted if possible of course. For example melta bombs or power weapons on the blob sergeants :) Demolishers are S10 AP2 so hit very hard, but they won't really be one-shotting AV so will be part of a solution. Unless you take three Demolishers that is :lol:

I agree on the Demolisher. If he puts it on the Chariot it is a guaranteed pen. 4+ saves are fickle and more likely then not he will be down to AV11.

If he takes it on the Lord, he will be instantly killed if he fails his 3++. Sure, it is not a bullet proof way, but you are taking a Demolisher anyway, right? There is only so many shots the Chariot can avoid.

Tarpitting him is also valid. I think he only rocks 3 attacks. In melee you can decide to attack Chariot or Lord, so you attack the Lors. Eventually he will go down or at least be stuck for a while.

Just be sure to assault him. Chariots bring D6 Hammer of Wrath hits, which is not pleasant to smaller units of conscripts like 20man.

Also, keep in mind that a Skimmer can only jink when he is declared as the target. If a Blast scatters onto it or you hit it by targeting another target next to it, he won't be able to jink it.

Remember though that Blasts and Templates automatically hit the Chariot. He can't choose to allocate it to the Lord. But you still need 4+ to Pen the AV13 and he can also Jink for 4+ save so its not a sure kill.

Separately, depending on your rules interpretation - you may be able to use a Template's No Escape rule on him.

Remember though that Blasts and Templates automatically hit the Chariot. He can't choose to allocate it to the Lord. But you still need 4+ to Pen the AV13 and he can also Jink for 4+ save so its not a sure kill.

Separately, depending on your rules interpretation - you may be able to use a Template's No Escape rule on him.

blast and templates auto hit the charriot? so he cannot choose to take it on the lord? Was not aware of this very handy to know. Just for reference purposes which section of the rulebook would this fall under?

blast and templates auto hit the charriot? so he cannot choose to take it on the lord? Was not aware of this very handy to know. Just for reference purposes which section of the rulebook would this fall under?

7th Ed BRB - Vehicles - Chariots - Shooting At Chariots section (I think the ebook is pg. 511).

Also Precision Shots against Chariots are allocated by the player doing the Shooting.

Close combat hits are allocated by the attacking player.

But grenade hits in close combat are always against the Chariot.

Archived