New 'Dex Troop Choice Speculation?

Zynk Kaladin

I liked Wings on Meph because I could easily maneuver him to get cover saves in between units, into cover, or out of LoS.  Personally, Wings was a lot more flexible and useful than many of the Biomancy powers, strong as they are.

Side note: Wings Meph was great backed up by jump pack ASM because I could hide him amongst the unit to get him a cover save.  I kind of miss the days of the 4+ FNP with an assault squad and Meph.  That was fun.

Forgive me but I've forgotten - did SW get their own psychic table?

Part of me actually hopes we don't get wings!? Because then mephiston would be probably too tempting. Dangerous because there are more high-strength weapons and instant death shenannigans out there than ever before. And we just know he aint gonna get EW, ever.

Space Wolves did indeed get their own Psychic table, with some of their older powers included. Jaws is there, albeit in a very weakened form.

Slightly of topic, but BA can generate a fair amount of warp charges - 11 as it currently stands, It'll be interesting to see what we can do with them in the new codex

Part of me actually hopes we don't get wings!? Because then mephiston kwould be probably too tempting. Dangerous because there are more high-strength weapons and instant death shenannigans out there than ever before. And we just know he aint gonna get EW, ever.

Space Wolves did indeed get their own Psychic table, with some of their older powers included. Jaws is there, albeit in a very weakened form.

Slightly of topic, but BA can generate a fair amount of warp charges - 11 as it currently stands, It'll be interesting to see what we can do with them in the new codex

It would really be something if Furioso librarians get a power or three of their own too, as biomancy is not so hot for them. Something like instead of +3T and +3S, they get +1 AV all round and / or a 5+ invul. Surely the psyker would adapt his talents from flesh to metal, over time at least?

To be honest, I kind of miss Wings on libby dreads.  I would run him with Wings and Shield around some JP ASM for that 5+ fast moving invuln. bubble.  The libby dread itself wasn't exactly a stellar performer, but just leave it up to the bloodline of Sanguinius to make a walking, 20 ton sarcophagus of vengeance FLY. 

Adorable.

Part of me actually hopes we don't get wings!? Because then mephiston would be probably too tempting. Dangerous because there are more high-strength weapons and instant death shenannigans out there than ever before. And we just know he aint gonna get EW, ever.

If Meph doesnt get wings he should at least get a jump pack like every other BA IC/libby out there.

Frankly, if any of the variant Space Marine codices could get a special psychic deck, it would be the Blood Angels. Between their pseudo-vampiric abilities, their sheer fury, and their focus of fire, heat, and inspiring fear in the hearts of their enemies, there's no reason to assume that the Blood Angels have the same relationship to the Warp as the other Space Marine codices. Of course, there's no reason to assume that they don't. I'm just saying that I could see them having their own psychic powers... and I kind of hope they do. Not because they "need" them or anything, but because it would be fun! I mean, come on... a lot of the old Blood Angels powers - forcing fear on your enemies, psychic jump packs, stuff like that - were really fun. It'd be nice to get those back, but updated to 7th edition.

And like I said, I think it is a valid interpretation of the fluff, if not the only valid interpretation.

I think we'll see unique BA powers, but not like the 5th ed codex. 

After all, everything but 'wings' were taken more or less unchanged and made part of the 6th and 7th ed psychic powers.

Though, that said, because of the Psychic Focus rule, getting some cool and stylish powers crammed into one Discipline has a benefit all its own, even if those powers aren't unique. I mean... I'd use a discipline that gave me a chance at an attack power, a movement power, and some kind of Leadership-based debuff. Wouldn't you?

Archived