Helpless Hero in Hammer of Wrath

JCarter

Since this thread is filled with Hammer of Wrath Discussion I'll direct it here, but with HoW attack being 'unmodified' does the strength roll to wound count the +1 to Str from the TWM?

Yes. The TWM increases his base Strength characteristic, so it's an S5 attack.

I think the part where he gets hit by 5 pk wearing nobz is where he died...

Although not an ideal situation, its not the most unsurvivable thing in the world

nobs get what, 3 attacks with a power claw?  WS4?  (apologies if ive got that wrong, my green knowledge is not great)

So thats 15 attacks (or 12 if HoW takes one down), hitting on 5s, (so 5 hits average/4 if HoW takes one out), wounding on 2s, 

you then get a 3++ against each wound, which should be S8 hits, so not be instakilling harald??

edit - or is a power claw just straight up S10?? I always thought power claw was the same as a power fist (ie x2 strength)

You've got it as tad wrong. WS4 hitting WS6 hits on a 4s, not 5s, so your looking at 5 wounds (12 attacks, 6 hits, therefore 5 wounds), still not enough to average a kill vs a SS though. On the other hand, OP is a bit vague, we can't actually assume Nobz, as they're not only S4 on profile, but have 2W, so in isolation a HoW attack shouldn't have killed one. So who knows? There could've been a Warboss in there with a Klaw, who could have instant killed the WL thanks to S10.

I think the part where he gets hit by 5 pk wearing nobz is where he died...

Although not an ideal situation, its not the most unsurvivable thing in the world

nobs get what, 3 attacks with a power claw?  WS4?  (apologies if ive got that wrong, my green knowledge is not great)

So thats 15 attacks (or 12 if HoW takes one down), hitting on 5s, (so 5 hits average/4 if HoW takes one out), wounding on 2s, 

you then get a 3++ against each wound, which should be S8 hits, so not be instakilling harald??

edit - or is a power claw just straight up S10?? I always thought power claw was the same as a power fist (ie x2 strength)

You've got it as tad wrong. WS4 hitting WS6 hits on a 4s, not 5s, so your looking at 5 wounds (12 attacks, 6 hits, therefore 5 wounds), still not enough to average a kill vs a SS though. On the other hand, OP is a bit vague, we can't actually assume Nobz, as they're not only S4 on profile, but have 2W, so in isolation a HoW attack shouldn't have killed one. So who knows? There could've been a Warboss in there with a Klaw, who could have instant killed the WL thanks to S10.

WS4 hits WS6 on 4s still?? Man i hate that WS table. sure, im presuming (no rule book at work) you'll be hitting them on 3s..but still...always seems daft to me that when its at best 3's an at worse 5's, they dont just have a 'if you are higher its 3s, if the same 4s and if lower 5's' ruling on WS - would be dead easy to remember and make sense (to me anyway haha, im sure theres reasons why its not this).

Archived