Are We Chaos?

ElectricPaladin

Oh, certainly not every BA unit would be forced to roll each turn.  I agree that would get messy real quick!  I like the idea that enemy units within 12" force Red Thirst rolls.  It's like dangling a carrot in front of a bunny.

Unfortunately, Night Angels don't sparkle :(

As to what BA are, the great thing about the last codex is it's whatever you wanted them to be. There where'/are so many builds possible out of that codex, all fun and playable.

However none of the many different builds felt as though they belonged in another codex - overcharged engines, red thirst, black rage and Sang Priest bubbles kept lists common and made them feel 'BA'

Two things killed BA as a powerhouse assault army from 5th. Assault combat using AP values for armour saves and Furious Charge losing the I bonus.

and the nerf to multiple combats...

and random charge...

and no charge without los...

and the new disembark rules...

and the new deployment rules...

and overwatch...

and general speed improvement for anything not jump infantry...

and.... I'm sure I'm forgetting something smile.png

It was "death by a thousand cuts" as someone here phrased it.

I think assault is back for 7th. Missions with mid game scoring and objectives in the middle of the table (ie Maelstrom) normally means there's going to be a punch up at some point.

Fast, durable units that can take (and give) a punch are fantastic in 7th ed. Current kings being Thunderwolf Cavalry in my mind.

If ASM (and all their upgrades) get a points drop, whilst still being able to access FNP, I think BA will be right up there in Maelstrom missions.

If ASM get a point drop and keep acces to FNP/FC they will be inmensely powerfull...

I run a 10 man squad with PF and 2 meltaguns quite frequently and while a tad expensive at 235 (+whatever the characters cost) they are often the bread and butter of my lists. They are a threat to anything from infantry to vehicles and because theyre troops can score to boot! Its just a huge loss in points if you lose that 1 squad :(

If ASM get a point drop and keep acces to FNP/FC they will be inmensely powerfull...

I run a 10 man squad with PF and 2 meltaguns quite frequently and while a tad expensive at 235 (+whatever the characters cost) they are often the bread and butter of my lists. They are a threat to anything from infantry to vehicles and because theyre troops can score to boot! Its just a huge loss in points if you lose that 1 squad sad.png

Dem, the SM points with a veteran sarge load-out is 225 :/ It's literally a 10point diff.

I don't see that making a huge difference to be honest :(

If they make it 16 points....poooosssibly - thats only a 20 point diff for same load out, but may be better.

Just watched a review of the Space Wolves Codex. I didn't realize that they can now get Feel No Pain (from healing balms), Rage, and Furious Charge. Not only that, the Murderfang really is what the Death Company Dreadnought should be. I know there is a shift to move to USRs instead of more unique/fluffy rules. That being said, I can't really see how they'll make the Blood Angels different enough from the Wolves without using the same rules.

I run a 10 man squad with PF and 2 meltaguns quite frequently and while a tad expensive at 235 (+whatever the characters cost) they are often the bread and butter of my lists. They are a threat to anything from infantry to vehicles and because theyre troops can score to boot! Its just a huge loss in points if you lose that 1 squad sad.png

Dem, the SM points with a veteran sarge load-out is 225 :/ It's literally a 10point diff.

I don't see that making a huge difference to be honest sad.png

If they make it 16 points....poooosssibly - thats only a 20 point diff for same load out, but may be better.

dry.png Ok I knew they were cheaper but dident know the difference was that tiny... Still for any army thats supposed to be assault marine heavy (or rather have an affinity for using jump packs) we might get cheaper assault marines. Right?

Right? unsure.png

Archived