Heresy-era Thousand Sons- UPDATE 10.04.15

Scibor do some awesome bases for Thousand Sons.

http://www.coldsteelwarriors.com/40k_images/20141202/groupshot.jpg

http://www.coldsteelwarriors.com/40k_images/20141205/scar_complete.jpg

Egyptian style with including scarabs. smile.png

However, fantastic looking Sons. Keep them coming! :)

So I got this in the Mail today - 

IMG 0397

but.....

IMG 0398

But the package was mislabeled and they sent me a Sons of Horus Command Set instead >< And on top of that, my Destroyers were missing a body assembly. /sigh I can never have nice things.

So I just e-mailed FW Customer Service. Hopefully they'll respond soon. In the Meantime, California is going through another Stormpocalypse. So, yay! Rain and wind and floods!

Which means I can't prime all the goodness I was just sent.

So here's a WIP of the other 4 Terminators - 

IMG 0404

IMG 0405

Didn't want the Heavy Flamer the kit came with, so jury-rigged an autocannon. Think it looks alright for now.

And while waiting for paint to dry, did this in between layers.

IMG 0400

IMG 0401

IMG 0402

IMG 0403

This will be my Praetor (in Artificer armor, anyways), since FW's FAQ made it so that a Librarian Consul cannot be the mandatory HQ unit. The staff-censure will be a count-as Thunder Hammer. Or Paragon 'Blade.' Really depends on how I'm feeling XD

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, so, now that the holidays are over....

First things first, I've chosen to redact my earlier bit of fluff. It didn't seem to keep with where I was going for this project, at least with starting immediately after Prospero, so I've decided to go back to the beginning, and start the tale anew.

I now present to you Seras en-Vec, High Magister of the 144th Expeditionary Fleet, known as Firewalker.

IMG 0436

IMG 0434

IMG 0435

Adept-Sergeant Karas Nul, Rushed Finality, Fifteenth Squad, "Stonecutters"

IMG 0429

IMG 0431

Second Squad, Terminators, "Flame-Seekers,"  Disciple-Sergeant Vorian Corr, Helios

IMG 0423

IMG 0428

IMG 0427

IMG 0426

IMG 0425

And yes, one of them is missing an arm, I didn't like the way my assault cannon was throwing the weight of the model forwards, appearance-wise, so I ripped it off. It has been rebuilt, and is being worked on.

Fire. All-consuming, all-destroying. A force of creation, and destruction. As I sit, in the here and now, my mind wanders, back, back to when the flames burned their brightest, where steel was forged and brotherhood renewed.....

The 144th Expeditionary Fleet, at the height of the Great Crusade, was a knife plunging through the eastern edge of then-currently unknown space. A beacon of light, bringing the word of the Imperium to the far reaches of the galaxy. Set forth from the docks at Terra, after ridding themselves of the flesh-change which had decimated their ranks until the coming of their Primarch, the 12th Company of the 7th Fellowship, referred to as The Cloud-Speakers, led this expedition.

Seeking not only to bring the wayward strains of humanity back into the fold, The Cloud-Speakers would, with each conquest or peaceful contact, collect knowledge, until their flagship, The Unerring Question, along with its sister ships Serpent's Kiss and Bountiful Truth, were in essence great space-faring libraries of the highest order.

The start, many historians would later agree, of the 12th's fall, began just before Ullanor, on a planet designated One Four Four-Eighteen, known to its inhabitants as Sotiria (Salvation in the ancient Greecian tongue).

• 3 weeks later...

Fifteenth Squad, The Stonecutters

IMG 0448

IMG 0446

Elas Nom, The Brand, Stonecutters Standard Bearer

IMG 0445

IMG 0444

IMG 0442

The Naming. Shrouded in secrecy, hidden amidst ritual. Upon election to the 12th, each Astartes would choose, or have chosen, a new name. Forever they would be known to their brothers by their new names, and let the rest of the galaxy know them by their old. The reasons for why such names might be chosen was known only to the 12th, and perhaps their Primarch, one-eyed though he may have been. Names such as Edged Mercy, Ruin, Red Thorn. Some names would prove prophetic, some were as obvious to their bearers as it was to those around them. And some, would live forever....

Looking real nice there buddy, real nice indeed. The white faceplates on the mark IV helm is an inspired little touch. Only thing I would suggest would maybe be a legion number in the top right corner of the banner, just to break up that empty space a bit. Other than that, lovely. 

JackDaw - Agreed.A bit too much negative space, been trying to think if I want the Legion number, or numeral, the squad numeral, or the company numeral. Or some combination between the three.

KBA and Flint - Thank you, both of you. More comments like that keep me going.

Aight, well, have something fun I've been working on, more of an experiment really. Can't do pics yet, as it's (mostly) a concept atm. I'll just leave you guys with a small hint.

Fire. A whole world, consumed by flame and storm. And how we laughed....

• 1 month later...

Athrawes - Feel damned honored that you've seen my posts. Thank you. I took your advice, the banner definitely needed something else. But silly me, I forgot to take an updated pic of it ! Ah well, next time I upload.

So, yes, I am not dead. Just haven't posted for a bit, been very, very busy. But now, I have a few things to show y'all.

I bring to you all, the first three members of the 12th's detachment of the Order of Ruin;

IMG 0488

IMG 0489

IMG 0491

IMG 0496

IMG 0494

IMG 0499

IMG 0500

And as an added bonus - 

IMG 0481

True-scale Thousand Son. Because I've been enviously drooling over such creations as Apologists, Migsulas and Doghouses true-scalers for an age now, so, I had the parts, and went for it. The chest looks a bit rough, but its actually quite smooth. The discoloration is from me sanding it down.

They say a handful of Astartes can take a city. It took five to burn a world. They came at dawn's first light, slowly moving as if of one mind, a sonorous drone emanating from their vocoders. As they advanced throughout the first city, fire followed in their wake, then as a herald of their coming. And finally, as if they were as one with it. 
As pillars of living flame they marched, armor burning in pearlescent glow, as they burned the city to less than ashes. After the first city, their path split, each one walking across the landscape, leaving naught but destruction in their wake.
Only from orbit could one see the patterns, the loops and spirals burned into the face of the world as they traveled. At the final fortress of a doomed world, they met again, standing before its great gates, even as it's doors melted from the extreme heat radiating forth from them. The soldiers tried to fight, but could barely scream as the heat took them, fusing armor to skin before turning them to nothingness. 
As the sun set overhead, the five departed, on a gunship the color of ash, the world itself crumbling apart as the final part of the symbol linked itself to the rest. 
As they left, the five never stopped chanting, until nothing was left of the planet they had left behind. 

They are The Blackened, of the Order of Ruin. And may their enemies tremble in fear, before the fire takes them.

edit - yeah, I need to retake these pics, ended up a bit blurry. I blame the heat glaze emanating from them.

Archived