New Dark Vengeance expansion pack ...

Isiah

Pre-orders are up! And it is $165 CAD :-(. We are still saving $55 compared to buying these individually - a good deal.

Even more intriguing: "Rules for using the contents in games of Warhammer 40,000 are included in the box."

Dare we hope for an update to the Dark Talon?

seeing how these sorts of things are designed to move stagnant product. i expect this sale is designed to get rid of excess darktalons cause they arent selling well and the deathwing knights probably arent either. 

seeing how these sorts of things are designed to move stagnant product. i expect this sale is designed to get rid of excess darktalons cause they arent selling well and the deathwing knights probably arent either.

The DT/NJF doesn't sell because of its crappy rules while the DWK sell less because the lot of bits in the box can be used to convert a cheaper box of standard terminators (maybe a assault box to have more TH/SS and LC) to DWT, that is what I did with mine...

This box will have the rules or just the profiles for the units to use them without the codices??? What I fear is that they present the units on the box as specifical builds so I guess you will get rules just for the DT and not for the nephilim... They want a novice DA player to start to hate his army since his first games???

The funny thing about DA is that anyway they are still not a legal army cause you have just 1 troop choice (tactical squad) while the rest is still FA or elite or HQ...

At least the CSM force is a legal one including 2 troops (2 cultists squads)...

Just for conversations sake.

Is this really a good way to build on Dark Vengeance?

I know you save some money -  would it be a better army build to have a Land Raider than a flyer?  

1 HQ

1 Librarian

5 Terminators

3 Bikes

10 Tacticals

Deathwing Knights,  Ravenwing Knights, Dark Talon set = $140 usd

versus

Deathwing Knights, Ravenwing Knights, Land Raider = $148 usd   (prices from online retailer that actually ship to where i live )

Would like to get everyone's opinion

- maybe i'm just biased against flyers.

For the price of Dark Talon.... I can't think of anything in our codex that would be worse than this flyer.....

What I do like is the fact they added rules to it.

Maybe one day GW will start doing similar to PP

Whenever I do army list to my DA I just write, scratch off, write again and so on, then reading hand-written army list of my opponent.... ugh

While when I do army list for my Trollbloods I just shuffle cards! Dead simple and convenient

I don't think they will be any different. I just compared it to what Privateer Press does. They add a small card to each and every unit/model they sell. This card contains all the rules required to play that unit.

So you basically don't need army book per se, you don't even need rulebook if you bought starter set (which is very useful). Rules are included with models.

And when you plan your army you just shuffle the cards, you kinda build your deck of cards that will represent models you will be playing with.

It would be interesting to see GW do the same but even if they do, they'll implement it badly

I'd to be honest buy the expansion and play with proxies.

Take balth as a stand in for azzy,

The dt is a nice to have he's a bit meh though

The black knights you can proxy as standard bikers, or proxy standard bikers as bk knights.

Use the bits to make the dwk's into dwt's

Now you have 4 scoring units, a plane, azreal, and if you have the points you can get a libby or an interrogator.

Assuming you take no relics as is you have a 1250pts list essentially. I would probably shave 250 pts off to avoid dealing with av14 spam or too many fancy xenos toys as competition but you could make a pretty killer list for that points bracket and do reasonably well.

For the price of Dark Talon.... I can't think of anything in our codex that would be worse than this flyer.....

I can : Land speeder Vengeance

What I do like is the fact they added rules to it.

Maybe one day GW will start doing similar to PP

Whenever I do army list to my DA I just write, scratch off, write again and so on, then reading hand-written army list of my opponent.... ugh

While when I do army list for my Trollbloods I just shuffle cards! Dead simple and convenient

They actually started to do so. Tyranids new models have free downloadable rules. Look at how the new entries are done since the orks codex : it looks like independent dataslates. The only difference with PP is the amount of wargear and upgrade you can give to your unit. Hence it make it harder to put all on a tiny card.

Don't know if it has been noticed but the new box set leads to the removal of the RW squadron. I'm happy to already have my 3 full squadrons... :(

• 2 weeks later...

GW's presentation always sucks me in....

I have one hand on an Astartes battleforce full of stuff I need for my new army, then over my shoulder I glance at the Dark Angel expansion box.... OOoooh shiny. I wander over and have a look. I see a few youngin's looking at it. Being 6'1" I reach the box for them, as I begin describing what's inside it I start checking out the models, painted beautifully by GW.

Next thing I know I'm -actually- considering buying this box set! lol

I quickly put down the box and ran out the door with my Astartes box set instead. Whew, close one. But I got to hand it to GW they know how to present a product. :)

GW's presentation always sucks me in....

I have one hand on an Astartes battleforce full of stuff I need for my new army, then over my shoulder I glance at the Dark Angel expansion box.... OOoooh shiny. I wander over and have a look. I see a few youngin's looking at it. Being 6'1" I reach the box for them, as I begin describing what's inside it I start checking out the models, painted beautifully by GW.

Next thing I know I'm -actually- considering buying this box set! lol

I quickly put down the box and ran out the door with my Astartes box set instead. Whew, close one. But I got to hand it to GW they know how to present a product. smile.png

That's hilarious. There's a reason we got into this hobby in the first place, right? It's all just so cool. And explaining it to kids would make it 10 times harder to resist, when you see how excited they get about this stuff. :D

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope.

If I NEVER paint up a Ravenwing Company Standard again, it'll be too bloody soon!

Deathwing Knights never find a way into my army lists, despite my really wanting to give them a go.

As for Flyers..........................

Ah, poop. I've just noticed all of the posts that are saying that the kits are interchangeable. I do need some more Deathwing Terminators and I AM trying to build up a Ravenwing army........................

Damn.

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope.

If I NEVER paint up a Ravenwing Company Standard again, it'll be too bloody soon!

Deathwing Knights never find a way into my army lists, despite my really wanting to give them a go.

As for Flyers..........................

Ah, poop. I've just noticed all of the posts that are saying that the kits are interchangeable. I do need some more Deathwing Terminators and I AM trying to build up a Ravenwing army........................

Damn.

You do only need one banner but up to 35 RW knights is a lot of plasma dakka..

Archived