Greetings and a couple of questions!

Brother Clavero

Hello all! I've been absent from the 40k universe for quite sometime now but have recently returned from the warp! I have decided to go guard this time, tank heavy with mechanized vets. My questions are: Is this still a good build with the current edition? Second, could anyone tell me what White Dwarf (US number) was the painting article on Valhalla winter tank camouflage? Thanks!!!  

Welcome back, and to the Guard Clavero! biggrin.png You'll be glad to know that mechanised Vets are still viable, Chimeras are reliable and effective in numbers. Even more so delivering some Vets into special weapon range under the protection of yet more gun barrels. I'm afraid I can't help with WD issues much less US ones and a quick search found nothing online - but if nobody can source it I'm sure we can help you come up with something just as good or better thumbsup.gif

What sort of colour scheme are you thinking of for your infantry? What about the models? The Cadian kits are all in plastic so are always a good choice but there is more choice available if you fancy something different.

Hello WarriorFish! Thanks for the reply! I plan to go with the traditional whitewash over green for the tanks. I like the color scheme plus its not a very common one, at least not where I'm from! As far as the infantry, I have quite a few of the old metal Valhalla guardsmen, thus the winter theme. Probably going to go with the filthy dark grey or WW2 GI green look? Any suggestions? I really don't want a Soviet/Russian look! 

Excellent, most excellent... we don't have any Valhallan troopers here yet so they will be a very welcome addition :) We're going to collect 'em all! :P

Your colour scheme ideas sound good, I think a dark grey would look good on the models but so would a GI green. I'd go with the grey if you want to try to avoid looking like Soviets. If you're feeling adventurous then a white would look really good, but a shade of blue could work. Perhaps you could use a more blue-grey colour?

Light Grey primer with white primer oversprayed at angles allowing the deeper recesses to stay grey. The black blobs look like they can be done with a small stipple brush or a small piece of sponge.

Archived