A Scion Question

captain sox

Hello!

I've been reading through both the Astra and Tempestus Codecies, and have a question. I've been reading a lot on this thread about Command Squad load outs. It looks like Volley guns are the way to go with the Salvo and all, but it seems nobody is taking a Vox. Isn't the strength of the Scions (especially in the Tempestus Codex) the orders? Wouldn't you want a Vox for the Command Squad?

I'm building up a bit of a Scion army (hopefully it doesn't turn into my 100 Scouts type project from years gone by) and was curious what the masses thought. 

Thanks!

The problem with Vox is the cost after you've taken it a couple of times, especially when it costs you a potentially game changing special weapon. Scions need to hit hard at the right time and place and the Vox means that you're maximum damage is now lower.

Also, Hot-Shot Volleyguns are not necessarily the way to go. Limited range on a weapon that doesn't want to move isn't too great a combination. This is also in an army that has plenty of AP3. Stick to meltaguns and plasma.

My Command is either quad Melta, quad Plasma or quad Flamer. Problem with Volley is that you cant use it to its full utility when Deep Striking which is what MT are good at.

If you dont DS, might as well go Vets. If you DS, Plasma is better than Volley.

Like they said vox casters cost more than points. The orders are nice, but its better to have an extra body or two.

Oh, and the only guys I give hsvg's to is my quadgun squad. If a squad is gonna sit it might as well have a little bite.

Archived