Rules Question (Hand Flamers)

Sapheria

So, I played Sisters way back in 3rd edition, you know when pistols where twin linked and the hand flamers were a normal flamer.

But now, gunslinger has been introduced to me (seraphim became so much better) and I'm sitting here thinking.... hey why can't I find the rules for hand flamers in the ePub? My version of army builder uses the stock space marine stats S3 guard killer template thingy, but is this the same for us sisters? I tried scouring through the reference but no luck. And... does this mean we get two templates with shred for one turn per sister?

Any of you have thoughts?

Hand flamers are in the Rulebook.

No, we can't fire them as a flamer.

Yes, we can now load up a Seraphim squad with four hand flamer templates with Shred (2x dual hand flamers).

Yes, it is awesome.

Sadly, we cannot give them to the entire squad like back in 2nd edition. sad.png

I had thought if you had two flamers you just counted as twin linked and rerolled wounds, not got to fire it twice.

Weapons only become twin-linked if they are called twin-linked. See for reference: Tau Battlesuits.

In this case, the Hand Flamers we're talking about are not only not twin-linked, they're pistols - meaning that any infantry model can fire both at the same time.

Archived