help me build an army list?

fabambina

ok, asking for help with this, if it is too much just let me know.

i need help building an army. haven't made an army list since eye of terror like a decade ago. the following models are ones i actually own, so this is what i am restricted to. i am trying to make 750 points, but wouldn't mind just 500 solid. 

21 krieg infantryman

1 quartermaster & retinue

1 leman russ (fully magnetized)

1 chimera (fully magnetized)

2 servitors

1 heavy bolter team

3 commisars

also, in the mail from overseas:

1 platoon command squad

1 company HQ

10 krieg infantry

i am going up against necrons, tzeentch daemons, chaos marines, eldar, and orks of all types and sizes, so a good general list?

also, what should i look to purchase next? wyverns? basilisk? more chimeras or tanks? 

anyway, thanks to all those who take the time out to help a stranger!

Well, with such a limited collection of models, it doesn't much matter who you're playing against.  You pretty much have no use for the commissars and servitors.  It looks like you have three veteran squads (with no heavy or special weapons except the one heavy bolter?), a company command squad, a chimera, and a leman russ...  With carapace armor, the vets are 75 points each, so 225.  Adding in a company command squad, chimera, and leman russ (any variant, really, I would go for a demolisher), you're barely at 500 points and out of models.  It's not 500 solid points, it's just 500 points.  If those kriegers at least have some special weapons, then you're in somewhat better shape.

Yes, hopefully some special weapons are in there or you're going to struggle making a list. If not then I'd suggest bulking up your infantry with more models and more importantly more choices - both heavy and special weapons. With a good infantry core you can then branch out into support for them :)

Yep special and heavy weapon teams are a must. They're your anti tank, monstrous creature, and heavy infantry. After getting your infantry some guns you need to decide the style of army your going to make. IE footslogging, combined arms, mechanized, heavy armour etc. The guard can design any kind of list really so you need to decide your direction.

well, figuring out how best to kit them out and spend my points is kind of the help i was looking for.

i have all the usual weapons that come with the krieg squads.

my regular gaming group lets us play "counts as" so i can equip my team with any of the upgrades.

i went out and got a wyvern/hydra today. i will magnetize it as well so it can serve as both.

i have battlescribe to help out, but i am not so confident that it follows the rules.

but i have already learned something on this thread. thanks!

Archived