sisters of battle win heat three of the UK40K GT.

Sisters are good at three things: BS4 S8 AP1 Ignores Cover, S5 AP4, and having lots of both.

When everything in the enemy army is an ideal target for your guns, its hard to describe it as anything but a favourable match-up.

Which flows naturally to become ...

How to deal with Wave Serpent spam: Cover ignoring melta in an AV13 box.

It's a 13/11/10 transport with 10 spaces, multiple fire points, dozer, SB and turret-HF for 75 points. Not broken by any means.

Maybe not broken, but definitely underpriced. Compared to a Predator, it gets all that stuff, and an invulnerable save, entirely for free. And it's a dedicated transport, not heavy support. It's a big deal in the context of the army. Dominions aren't nearly as scary without AV13 to hide behind.

Compaired to a Chimera it looses the main gun and costs more.

[ETA]

The AV13 is not a bad thing to have but unlike a Predator, any vehicle used by Dominions will need to get within 6" of the enemy. At those ranges, side and rear shots on the transport are a given. Repressors will not last any longer than Rhinos or Immolators.

What makes Dominions in a Repressor dangerous is the ability to fire all 4 of the squads special weapons.

It also has a heavy flamer and a storm bolter for armaments with no other weapon options. A Predator comes stock with an autocannon. These are apples to oranges comparisons. Jacinda's comparison to the Chimera is better.

Chimera: Amphibious, +2 transport capacity, can transport Bulky, Very Bulky, and Extremely Bulky models, heavy weapons team counts as one model when using fire point, hull mounted heavy bolter, turret mounted multi-laser, may upgrade both to heavy flamers, Lasgun Arrays may fire at separate targets at full BS

Repressor: +1/+1/+0, 6++, pintle mounted heavy flamer, turret mounted storm bolter (very limited arc of fire), dozer blade included, +2 access points, BS4 (but one weapon is a template), no weapon upgrades, additional fire points from windows allow models to use their weapons but have to obey movement rules and must fire at same target as models firing from fire point, costs +10 points

Sisters are good at three things: BS4 S8 AP1 Ignores Cover, S5 AP4, and having lots of both.

When everything in the enemy army is an ideal target for your guns, its hard to describe it as anything but a favourable match-up.

Which flows naturally to become ...

How to deal with Wave Serpent spam: Cover ignoring melta in an AV13 box.

You can bet your breast armour cups that Eldar players will attempt to stop Dominions in their track. And they have the means to do it. Unfortunately, the Repressor is not unkillable and Eldar can get on the side easier than most.

But frankly, I do not consider Serpents the biggest problem. After having used them, I am convinced that Wraithknight melee and Warp Spiders are by far more threatening.

See this is the only reason I am after a second reprssor and to be honest perhaps a third is due to the fire points but as it stands with them being out of Stock with FW I'm a little worried and rather not have to buy from ebay.

Watching a lot ATM which comes esentially for cost but its £400 of sisters which come christmas spending is over I may bite the Bullet but I need other things like repentia, heavy bolters and penitent engines but the question is how many sisters are too many?

Repressors are pretty easy to convert from Rhinos, though. Bit of 1/4" foam board, some plasticard, and a few spare bitz and you can just make a dozer blade / lid that you can pop on and off an existing rhino.

Do it! Repressor in an awesome transport. If I could use one, I would go play Mech Wolves :D

By the way, a Dozer Blade is very easy to come by. A lot of IG players do not use theirs and will put it up on ebay. You know, the one that comes with the Chimera box.

Archived