New releases from the Weekender

Never_born

Hi folks.

Has anyone finished any of the books they bought at the Weekender yet? 

I went for The Seventh Serpent first, I've put my review up on my blog : http://trackofwords.wordpress.com/2014/11/10/the-seventh-serpent-graham-mcneill/

Trying to decide what to go for next. I've got a few to choose from...*rubs hands with glee*

B2FqfVTIUAAAeXF.jpg

What fun stuff did anyone else pick up?

Thanks guys. I'll be reading Sabbat Crusade pretty soon, and I'll make sure I post my review on here. Genuinely excited about all of these books, there's so much good stuff! As Nineswords pointed out with Seventh Serpent, I keep my reviews very much spoiler-free; there are a few guys around who do really good in-depth reviews that I don't want to compete with. Happy to answer questions though if anyone wants to know anything more about these books :)

The Long Night is brilliant. I listened to it on the drive home and it made hairs stand up on the back of neck. Superb!

I'm intrigued to see that you have two Lodge Medallions. Did you pay in two batches? I spent £240 and was told that it was one per purchase over £100, not one per £100 spent.

Then they told me they'd already run out of Lodge Medallions and this was at about 09:30 on the Saturday morning. sad.png

I thought it was a bit off that the "Get a Lodge Medallion" signs stayed up right through until the end.

I'm intrigued to see that you have two Lodge Medallions. Did you pay in two batches? I spent £240 and was told that it was one per purchase over £100, not one per £100 spent.

Then they told me they'd already run out of Lodge Medallions and this was at about 09:30 on the Saturday morning. sad.png

Well, I pre-ordered the Weekender bundle which gave me one lodge medal, then I picked up a few more things right at the start of the day (like 8:30am, straight after breakfast) which came to just over £100 and accounted for the other. I heard that they ran out of medals after a while, which did seem a bit odd. I hadn't noticed that the signs stayed up, but they perhaps should have taken those down once they ran out!

To be fair, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with two of them! I guess that's not the point though, really.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived