How Many Sisters are Too Many

You can field a nice chunky flier in the Marauder destroyer that can be legitimately played in a regular 40k game.

Got the rules for that one here from Imperial Armour Aeronautica and it shows as Apocalypse only so unless the rules have changed? 

Another issue is it costs a damn arm and a leg before you realize its quite the squishy flyer.

I was hoping for something more ground based which won't involve a reserve role of 3+.

Unfortunately Sisters can only take one of 4 Lords of war as part of their detachment, the Reaver Titan, Warhound Titan, Marauder Destroyer and Marauder Bomber and they are all legal in regular 40k games.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/L/lordsofwar.pdf

However it's not unreasonable that the group you play with will be happy to let you ignore these restrictions and let you have a big beefy tank.

Unfortunately Sisters can only take one of 4 Lords of war as part of their detachment, the Reaver Titan, Warhound Titan, Marauder Destroyer and Marauder Bomber and they are all legal in regular 40k games.

However it's not unreasonable that the group you play with will be happy to let you ignore these restrictions and let you have a big beefy tank.

I have not seen it confirming this in any FW book else i would consider their use.

Do not normally look for FW errata's however.

Everyone likes a titan to some degree I must admit.

The issue is though i must sisters'ify it. tongue.png

I have not seen it confirming this in any FW book else i would consider their use.

Do not normally look for FW errata's however.

Everyone likes a titan to some degree I must admit.

The issue is though i must sisters'ify it. tongue.png

I can definitely confirm that GW are happy for you to use Marauders as a Lord of war in a regular 40k game as I took one in my sisters army to the last Throne of Skulls event.

The Forgeworld faq is the most recent set of rules on what can/can't be included as a lord of war. You can also look at the larger tournaments such as the Bay area Open which list out which Lords of War are playable in a regular 40k game and all include the Marauder.

Been a while since I was last at Throne of Skulls.

We have Kings of the North in April which is one of the largest if not the largest independant one in the country.

That May be my Iron Hands though, too much to do for my sisters before then.

Just trying to decide what would be the better option and to be honest the bomber is tempting but so is fighter varient.

Both bring allot of firepower to bear and are tempting in their own ways.

Can they both fire all weapons each turn as well or are they restricted to 4?

Reason I ask is one has 3 Autocannons built into its nose and that eats up most of your firepower allotment right there.

Because a Warhound will drop 2 Knights, quite easily. It's the same price, it's faster, it's more durable, and it fires 4 Str D pie plates a turn.

So? Two Knight will make noticably larger impact on a game of 40k. Warhounds are point-inefficient and usually go down T1-T2, causing you to lose half your army.

Sure, there are armies that can down 2 Knights in T1, but they are generally a lot tougher.

There is a reason why Knights are so damn popular.

Edit: Knights and Warhounds have the same speed, by the way.

Archived