DA FAQ November 2014

MoonPhoenix

This is just lazy. The PFG should have been brought in line with the ork KFF. The should have reworded Deathwing squads, I honestly don't think the current ruling is what they intended I just think they are too lazy to bother fixing it. Please delete, "Delete missile lock" form the nephilim entry, talk about kicking a unit when its down.

Wait, PFG got even worse. It only works for the embark models.. it doesn't even apply to the Land Raider. censored.giffurious.gif

And considering that models embarked in an enclosed vehicle are not even in play, or subject to any in-game effects, the PFG does literally nothing in this case.

If said transport is destroyed, they are effected. They all get hit with str 4 hits right? Not sure if the PFG helps out with that though... Also what if the PFG was in a Land Speeder? The PFG could help out in a open top transport a bit....

Yes, the PFG works against any wounds caused by an exploding transport, but note that every model in the DA army list already has a 4+ or better armor save, meaning the PFG literally does NOTHING in this case too. And, yes, the Land Speeder Storm...from another army list...that nobody is ever going to use for this purpose...but that it is possible to make use of to gain some sort of benefit from the PFG under this FAQ...if one purposely moves said fast and manueverable Land Speeder Storm to a postion such that it can be easily assailed by an enemy unit with a template weapon...surely is the perfect example to llustrate the sensibility of the FAQ. My IC with PFG in a Land Speeder Storm that I will never, ever field is going to be oh so much safer from template weapon attacks that I purposely move within range of being hit by now.

And so the PFG is relegated to best use by a footslogger IC now, namely a Techmarine with Servitor retinue lurking behind a Predator Squadron where he can give the PFG 4++ save to the three Predator tanks....or to a Footslogger IC attached to a unti of Company Vets in a Drop Pod who just dropped in and melta-gunned/rapid-fire plasma'd some offensive enemy unit(s) dead (fortunately the unit manditorily disembarks for the Drop Pod, and so actually gains the benefit of the PFG).

Finally, the offending text, should anyone not want to be bothered to look it up:

Page 64 – Power Field Generator

Add ‘If the bearer is embarked upon a Transport vehicle,

the power field’s effects only apply to models embarked

upon that vehicle’.

Other than that, Missile Lock is still removed from the Nephilim (even though the 7E version of the rule actually works for its missiles now), and the Deathwing Sgt. still can't upgrade weapons. Otherwise, the secondary weapon of the Lion's Roar is now errata'd as "One use Only", and the Standard of Devastation if properly defined for anyone out there who was making Dark Angels look bad by applying its effects to the full panoply of "bolter weapons".

Verily, I await the next quality Dark Angels release/FAQ/"random" chicanery with baited breath. laugh.png

They fixed the DW Sgt in the faq. Look at the faq for page 99, says "any model". If I came in at the wrong point on this conversation, sorry. As for the other things that need to be fixed, well, I have an Iron Clad that I bought, built and converted to DA when it became available but still can't take one in a bound list.

They fixed the DW Sgt in the faq. Look at the faq for page 99, says "any model".

You're looking at the wrong half of the sentence.

"…can replace his storm bolter and power fist with:"

The Sergeant doesn't have a storm bolter and power fist, he has a storm bolter and power sword.

That is our natue gentlemen,they give us lemons every time.. and we have to make delicious lemonade. That is what being a DA is: persist no matter the odds are stacked against us. Makes me want to fight back stronger.  We persist, we survive, we fight back.

That is our natue gentlemen,they give us lemons every time.. and we have to make delicious lemonade. That is what being a DA is: persist no matter the odds are stacked against us. Makes me want to fight back stronger.  We persist, we survive, we fight back.

*Avoghai removes the tech with PFG from the list he planned to play this afternon*

*He also removes the Mortis dreadnought with autocannons*

*adds a Mortis Contemptor dreadnought*

:P

Well spoken, Sir!

For the Lion!

PFG working only on the occupants ... i can only think of three things ... building's battlement or Thunderhawk or Fire Raptor. I can't think of anything else that can't be negated by armor save (which is better than 4++ mostly), unless we're taking other peeps flying transports. Sucks though that they "fixed" Lion Roar but not using the time to actually remove the "delete the missile lock" line from Nephilim. Oh well.

This is just lazy. The PFG should have been brought in line with the ork KFF. The should have reworded Deathwing squads, I honestly don't think the current ruling is what they intended I just think they are too lazy to bother fixing it. Please delete, "Delete missile lock" form the nephilim entry, talk about kicking a unit when its down.

This!

100% agree

Hmmm ... We are the Unforgiven. Unwanted and almost probably Unloved by GW tongue.png

But we grind on regardless.

We ground on through the pamphlet years and then the test bed years... this current 'dex is but a mild annoyance in the pricing department.

Brother dean Indeed. But seriously - the 'pamphlet years' now seem to be the Golden Years tongue.png .

Cheers

I

Regarding the Deathwing Terminator Sergeant and his non-upgradeability... it just hit me. All this time, so many of us have been complaining about the dearth of swords in a Chapter whose iconography is a winged sword. Well, there you have it. The Deathwing Terminator Sergeant has to have a sword. Period. msn-wink.gif

All kidding aside, so long as Codex Terminator Sergeants can't upgrade their weapon selection, I sincerely doubt Deathwing Terminator Sergeants will, either...

Regarding the Deathwing Terminator Sergeant and his non-upgradeability... it just hit me. All this time, so many of us have been complaining about the dearth of swords in a Chapter whose iconography is a winged sword. Well, there you have it. The Deathwing Terminator Sergeant has to have a sword. Period. msn-wink.gif

All kidding aside, so long as Codex Terminator Sergeants can't upgrade their weapon selection, I sincerely doubt Deathwing Terminator Sergeants will, either...

But the thing is that Codex assault terminators can upgrade their sword... and Codex Tactical terminators can't upgrade to TH/SS. :)

But the thing is that Codex assault terminators can upgrade their sword... and Codex Tactical terminators can't upgrade to TH/SS. smile.png

Codex assault terminator sergeants don't even get a sword (or a storm bolter). Thy can upgrade their two lightning claws.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since Deathwing have split fire, it's useful to have a storm bolter so you can fire at one target with your heavy weapon using split fire, but still fire at another with your storm bolter then charge. If you only have one weapon in a squad I'm not sure you can do this...

But the thing is that Codex assault terminators can upgrade their sword... and Codex Tactical terminators can't upgrade to TH/SS. smile.png

Well, strictly speaking, no. Codex assault Terminator Sergeants don't have a Power Sword to upgrade; they start with two lightning claws and can upgrade to a Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield. While this technically gives Codex Space Marines access to a Terminator Sergeant with something other than a Power Sword, the fact of the matter is that that squad simultaneously loses out on all the other options that come with the "tactical" Terminator squad. When fielding a "tactical" Terminator Squad, Codex Space Marines are limited to a Terminator Sergeant with a Power Sword and Storm Bolter.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since Deathwing have split fire, it's useful to have a storm bolter so you can fire at one target with your heavy weapon using split fire, but still fire at another with your storm bolter then charge. If you only have one weapon in a squad I'm not sure you can do this...

This is what I have been doing.  One heavy weapon to shoot tanks or whatever, and then the sgt shoots whatever I want to charge.  Seems to be useful to me.  Also, regardless that I am paying a tax for a fist I don't get, having a couple of swings at initiative 4 can help tremendously with whittling down fodder in close combat.

Free suggestion for GW. Change the termi entry this way :

Unit cost : 210pts (to represent the fact that we have a sgt with power weapon rather than a PF)

• any model may change his SB and PF for a pair of LC for free or for a TH/SS for +5pts.
  • the sgt may exchange his SB for a SS for + 5pts.
  • the sgt may choose wargear in the terminator weapon sections.

It generally seems to ruin all forged narratives to give captains/chapter masters good ranged weapons like assault cannons or Heavy Bolters, unless they are named characters and have storm bolters on speed (Calgar, Kantor). Being allowed to take an assault cannon would actually justify taking TDA instead of Artificer Armour for a change.

Archived