Champions of Fenris?

Joasht

You do not need statistics for that matter, only common sense. If the unit has T4 or less and an armour save of 3+ or less (we are talking about the vast majority of infantry here) then both Fist and Claw wounds on 2s, both ignore armour, but the Claw has the added benefit of re-rolling all 1s to wound and is faster than most infantry out there, thus a Claw is strictly superior.

Against T5 with 3+ or worse armour save and only 1 wound, Fist wounds on 2s and Claw wounds on 3s re-rollable. 5/6 wounds of the fist and 8/9 wounds for the Claw. Here is it close to being equal, thus the deciding factor is if you want to be faster than the opponent or not.

If webare looking at T4 with a 2+ save, then the fist starts to pull ahead, but from experience I find it sometimes better to use a Claw to prevent retaliation (most from S8 TDA).

Against T3 and 2+ wounds, the claw is strictly superior.

Against T4 and 2+ wounds the Fist pulls ahead unless for some reason you want to be faster (does not happen most of the time though). T5 with 2+ wounds or T6+ the fist pulls far ahead, unless you want to be faster (for example a Nid MC has I3 and only 1 Wound left. I would use the Claw there and rely on the re-roll).

Against vehicles the Fist is strictly better.

So what is the argument here? Better to have something against everything and being able to choose when and how to strike. I gladly give up a 3++ save for that and use my 4++.

Archived