Sons of Malice

hushrong

I absolutely LOVE the momentum you've given him, and the conversions/kitbashes/what-have-you are great!

If i may be so bold though, you say that he is a warsmith, yes? well, then i believe that he is in need of some sort of demonic mechanical arms and servos to help push the idea that he's in charge of mechanics. So far as a head, the Zhufor terminator helm (nix the Khorne icon) would look great here, and help with the barbaristic theme too:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/large/Zhufor13.jpg

Just my little input, keep up the great work! biggrin.png

I'm glad he carries the momentum. When thinking of my future Iron Warriors leader I wanted to copy the terminator on the far right of this image without having to do too much work. I actually bought the space wolves termie cloak and was planning on sticking pins through it where I would then add skulls and helms for trophy racks. I was also thinking of getting a heavy chainsword from forge world to make a similar weapon. However, I had a warpsmith I bought when they were first released and decided to cannibalize him as a Son of Malice would.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/Games-Workshop-Digital/October/inside-cover.jpg

Also, he is a Warsmith of the Iron Warriors and sadly not an awesome Warpsmith/techmarine for my Sons of Malice. Both he and that one marine with the targeter are Iron Warriors (the latter I tried making a HH Master of Signal with plastics). Despite restarting a beloved army I cannot give up on my original traitors. Although, mechantendrils do sound good! At one point when list building I had enough points to add a combat familiar. I think mechanical tentacles lashing out would represent those extra attacks nicely. Would be very ghoulish to have multiple mechantendrils to whip out from underneath his cloak to slash and tear at the enemy.

Zhufor's helm is a strong candidate along side one of the Iron Warrior conversion kit helms. I also have been thinking of the chaos termie helm with the rhino horns. It kind of would look cool for a terminator charging headfirst into battle.

Wow, that Terminator Lord is crazy awesome.

My vote is for the giant axe if you're still pondering. The sword has a bit too much of a delicate air about it for an otherwise hulking warsmith. I can see him putting that axe straight through the front glacis of a tank. Not so much the long blade.

Yeah, the Iron Warrior is keeping the axe. I like how he looks with it and I am dreading the idea of even trying to remove that axe. One original idea to justify the Blood Angel's sword was it being taken from a dead champion during the Siege of Terra. However, I just didn't want to go that route. I like the sephiroth-sword and I wish I had a Blood Angel captain to arm it with because I think it is going to wind up in the bitz box.

Well, back to daydreaming about the Sons of Malice so I can get back to building them. Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

I had a great game this last week against my usual opponent & buddy with his dark eldar. Although I lost in a landside points wise I was happy with the bloodshed on the table. Especially with my Lord going through a Succubi and her Incubi bodyguard with the burning brand and black mace. The army I used was quite sufficient and will be the finalized list I will build and paint. The list is as follows:

HQ

-Terminator lord with Black Mace and Burning Brand

ELITE

-4 Terminators, each armed with Power Swords and Combi-Plasmas

TROOPS

-10 CSM, purcahsed extra CCW, 2 plasma guns, Champ with Chainaxe, and a rhino.

-10 CSM, purcahsed extra CCW, 2 plasma guns, Champ with Chainaxe, and a rhino.

HEAVY

-Obliterator

-Obliterator

-Obliterator

Also, since the last time I posted I really haven't done too much for the army. I've built one additional rhino and upgraded it and my other one. Then I built one more of the Bound. Some proof:

http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/theironwithin/Mobile%20Uploads/845510E6-D9E5-46CB-B054-BEE7BDCFAAD2_zpsuhe2tq0m.jpg

For the rhinos I added those exhaust stacks for the laugh and I liked the images similar to them in the codex. Now I am just trying to convince myself not to re-appropriate them for my Iron Warriors. What I am now wondering about is adding razors similar to this. I really like the look but wonder if it is too much.

Unfortunately that is all I have built. Inspiration is slow going on these guys despite how excited I am about their fluff and playing them. Usually I can think of what I want, how I want it to look, and what bits I could use to make it happen. Sadly I am pulling up blank when trying to think of Chaos Pirate/Marauder/Barbarian marines.

So I built these in the mean time:

http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/theironwithin/Mobile%20Uploads/E74344A3-4A11-4892-AFB9-E611ED85C14D_zpsaxhohvcg.jpg

Sweet, sweet objectives to hunt after. I kind of built them as nods to armies I've started and quit working on.

Thanks for stopping by!

Archived