The NEW "What will 2014 Bring?" thread

Xenith

Scoring DC at the rumoured prices would be pretty much a auto pick I'm pretty sure

Well, at the risk of sounding like a broken record... this is a narrative game more than it is a serious wargame and the Blood Angels are supposed to lose marines to the death company all the time... so making the unit so good almost everyone uses it in almost every game would incentivize us to use the unit in its intended role.

Did we have the following pics already?

I might have missed it from all the SQUEEEE'ing:

http://s23.postimg.org/jyou8gyd7/IMG_30585081188303.jpg

http://oi57.tinypic.com/29xu9v8.jpg

PS. SQUEEEEEE, 165 SG's!

That's my bubble burst right there :

No Doha.

No shots with a Mag Grap (does it still count as a weapon for weapon.destroyed?)

The loss of blender dreads I can live with but it goes to show:

We are gonna have a completely new army to fight with, the nerf hammer

I don't really think you can the nerf hammer has fallen without even seeing the codex. Just because somethings get changed doesn't mean the entire book got nerfed. 

The only thing I really care about losing is DOA, but we can't rule out that its gone until we see the codex. 

Please stop with these rumors... my wallet and life can only take so much punishment sad.png

Seriously... assuming these whispers are true, now I finally have to build my sang guard, more death co, more tacticals, and my custom NAngel Dante-equivalent (provided he's worth taking) on top of all the other models I haven't painted... just. STOP.

So 20 point WS4 DC and 5p Jump Packs..  That makes decisions a lot more difficult, but I still feel Drop Pod'ing 10 DC with Bolters is still a more efficient delivery method than jumping them..

Yea but jumping 30 death company, astorath and lemartes would look so epic. Must resist the urge to buy my death company.

I don't really think you can the nerf hammer has fallen without even seeing the codex. Just because somethings get changed doesn't mean the entire book got nerfed.

The only thing I really care about losing is DOA, but we can't rule out that its gone until we see the codex.

Ok true.

Sorry, I'm getting tired and emotional!

We may very well loose DOA as it stands today, but I would be very surprised if we didn't get it back in another form. Maybe in the form of a supplement or a formation of some kinda, maybe even a Warlord trait or something!

Really is pointless panicing until we see the entire picture. Even when the codex details start spilling next week we are not going to know everything until we have the book in our hands. Even the codex in the flesh may not be enough to get the full picture. A lot of the recent codexs have needed a supplement or formation to really hit top tier!

I think any solid and active ba player knew exactly which nerfs to expect! Magna was a little unexpected, but not a trainsmash- despite being an auto include for me. DC were phenomenal at 20 pnts a modle for all their USRs - mephy is gonna be next in line for the nerf stick- and if anyone thinks corbs is keeping that 2+ fnp, I wpe they're prepping for a shock.

So far things are looking smart, consistant and cool!

Codex is shaping up quite strongly to be a good one

DC jumper rumors looking good...can't wait to get my copy of deathstorm tomorrow. Sorry about the blender dread though :( I was just about to build one and now it might become a libby dread instead (new dex will decide for me). I've a silly list for next saturday built with the current dex, I think I'll get the new dex sat morning, transform the list to the new dex, and try it out in the afternoon, see how that works :)...there's mephiston, a baal, 2 furiosos, a blender, DC...half the staple units are there :)

Curious about that special character guy. It sounds like a veteran sergeant upgrade for the DC, normally a 10 pt upgrade. That would bring the DC down to 23 a piece with JP, would it not? (unless it's not an optional upgrade).

If chaplains don't allow the DC to reroll wounds, they are not so useful with the DC anymore...If only terminator captain Karl had been a jump reclusiarch (yah, another one, why not : ) )

Screw DoA, I want winged deliverance for my jumpers!! msn-wink.gif

If I want to deepstrike, I'll stick to drop pods, come first turn, more difficult to lose the unit, more easy to get into melta range, give the enemy something else to worry about, can disembark into a reasonable formation and not a blast-magnet...

Any special rules our jumpers get just for the sake of having a jump pack (if they get any), I really hope is for helping them getting into cc.

Edit: Winged deliverance is Raven Guard chapter tactics...use JP both in movement and assault phase.

The formation I'm not holding out any big hopes for I'm afraid. The SW, DE and GK ones have all been decently fluffy, but not particularly powerful at all. Just flavourful. So, I'll be seeing it as an "add to flavour" option rather than a core build at present!

After a month break from gaming, I managed to break the fast with a game yesterday. Instead of fielding the II Legion for more playtesting, I went back to my roots and decided to have some fun and threw out a 1k Blood Angel force, trying to focus on units who we know are going to change. 

So, I tossed in some DC, a Furiso with a drop pod, Lemartes, Mephiston, a LR, and some scouts and threw them against an Astra Militarum army that I expected to table me because I had so few bodies out there (12 Infantry, 3 vehicles against 4 vehicles and 31 men) and it was a good list.

I was pleasantly surprised to see when my dice decided to support me and ended up wiping out the entire AM force with the exception of one veterans squad.

Next week, I'm definitely going to give Dante and the Sanguinary Guard one last hurrah before the next codex comes out.

Hope this was a sufficient distraction that ate up a couple of minutes, while we keep an eye out for the next piece of info. 

I'm already pretty excited with the idea of running an all jumpers army. I recently tried this with our current codex and the main struggle was due to the necessity to rely on our ASM.

But with very well costed jump DC and Sang guard, I think the army will be very scary for most armies to deal with.

I'm convinced that descent of Angels will be a formation rule. That would explain why its not in unit entries

We still haven't seen our Chapter tactic.

There is still room as a formation, and then we also shouldn't forget the Detachment-special rules.

It makes sense to have it as a Detachment-rule.

Archived