The NEW "What will 2014 Bring?" thread

Xenith

Reldn, I like the flesh eaters a lot, and I forget the site, but one hobbyist made a website and dedicated a huge amount of time to them and collecting the lore.  If your searching abilities are decent you can find it.  But lots of modding options with them, and as there is such a limited amount of fluff you can pretty much do what you want.  So you get to be an official successor and have virtually total freedom,  that's what we call a bonus.

I still paint my BA 3rd edition style, so black trim on the shoulders, and my first company guys get their normal helmet color instead of gold (only honor guard get those, and the new sang guard), but I am too lazy to adapt to the new color schemes.  And seriously, thanks a lot for all the new minis GW.  BA specific Tac squads and terminators.  I can already field the first and fifth companies in their entirety.  Guess I need to start up the second company because your not done collecting until you have the whole chapter.

On a side not, I am excited about getting the Deathstorm box set.  Got a buddy who just got a nid army, so this will be really fun to play with him.  And I just convinced him and our two chaos players to do a battle for Baal this fall, assuming I can get everything painted in time.  Their minis, plus my six or seven thousand points of nids and chaos versus my whole BA force.  I may have left out that I outnumber any one of them in terminators alone...  I have been in this hobby too long. And now I cannot wait for warmer weather so I can actually start priming and painting again, ETL wore me out and I have been working on minis for other systems (Sooo much red), time to get back into the swing of things.

Hey maybe if they get their own tac box they'll get their own BA/Successors themed transfer sheet.

I might need one for uh reasons.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Space_Marines/SPACE_MARINE_TRANSFER_SHEETS/BLOOD-ANGELS-TRANSFER-SHEET.html

Zembar, BA as the base chapter are the only ones I know of fluff wise who actively work with Grey Knights, but thanks to the close links you could get away with any successor working with them.  And heaven forbid they ever bring back deathwatch properly, every BA successor commits heavily to their forces.  I have yet to see any deathwatch story without at least one BA in each squad, normally there are more.  I can say as I have two friends who play GK, that the standard red of the BA looks damn good next to the grey, the only successor who I think would not look good next to them is the Lamenters.  Still a good chapter, just pale yellow next to pale grey, not my idea of a good mix.

Hey maybe if they get their own tac box they'll get their own BA/Successors themed transfer sheet.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Space_Marines/SPACE_MARINE_TRANSFER_SHEETS/BLOOD-ANGELS-TRANSFER-SHEET.html

I'm still better that there aren't any Knights of Blood transfers here... I'd have bought twelve.

See - this is where the BA forum kicks so much ass.

Other sites would be all like: "Oh, you bandwagonning so-and-so!!".....

BNC BA Bros be all like: "welcome bro, check these chapters out...!"

:tu:

See this is what happens when angels congregate. I believe the technical term is "Brodown"

hmm still missing what I'm looking for but thank you I'll figure something out.  I should've thought about forgeworld.

hmm still missing what I'm looking for but thank you I'll figure something out.  I should've thought about forgeworld.

If it's for the secret santa gift, just go ahead and leave it blank - I'll be swapping my shoulder pads to custom transfers that JeffTibbets made for me, and I'll just do your present as a test case! If it's not about me, don't sweat it.

What are you looking for?

If it's for the secret santa gift, just go ahead and leave it blank - I'll be swapping my shoulder pads to custom transfers that JeffTibbets made for me, and I'll just do your present as a test case! If it's not about me, don't sweat it.

Sounds good to me.  We'll have to figure out some time when were both not on our respective campuses so we can get a game in.

Well, it's now official. I'm doing either a Blood Angels or Successor battle company. I've not been this excited or willing to throw money at 40k miniatures in a long while.

Might I recommend...

• Lamenters: Yellow isn't as hard as it used to be, and nobody does them.
  • Angels Encarmine: Basically Blood Angels with black trim, except they paint their Sanguinary Guard and Death Company freaking white so you can do awesome freaking blood splatter effects on everything!
  • Charnel Guard: Little know chapter, fleet based, rides out the time in-between fights in stasis to fight the Black Rage. Has great tanks (super-heavies, etc.). Gothy black and deep red theme. Awesome ornate cross chapter badge. Totally censored.gifing metal.
  • Knights of Blood: If more people start to play this army, maybe we'll get some attention from GW... biggrin.png

Where did you get that info for the Charnel Guard?

Well, it's now official. I'm doing either a Blood Angels or Successor battle company. I've not been this excited or willing to throw money at 40k miniatures in a long while.

Might I recommend...

• Angels Encarmine: Basically Blood Angels with black trim, except they paint their Sanguinary Guard and Death Company freaking white so you can do awesome freaking blood splatter effects on everything!
  • Charnel Guard: Little know chapter, fleet based, rides out the time in-between fights in stasis to fight the Black Rage. Has great tanks (super-heavies, etc.). Gothy black and deep red theme. Awesome ornate cross chapter badge. Totally censored.gifing metal.
  • Knights of Blood: If more people start to play this army, maybe we'll get some attention from GW... biggrin.png

40k wiki and a brief mention in an IA book.

Might I recommend...

40k wiki and a brief mention in an IA book.

New from naftka: Only 1500 limited edition codice being made. And here's me with only my phone for internet, stuck in a part of the civilised world where even pigeons can be more reliable than the sluggish net...if I find those things have sold out by the time the GW new releases page finally loads up at 19.07 on saturday, mark my words I shall voluntarily fall to the black rage and embark on a lifelong campaign of global genocide...

New from naftka: Only 1500 limited edition codice being made. And here's me with only my phone for internet, stuck in a part of the civilised world where even pigeons can be more reliable than the sluggish net...if I find those things have sold out by the time the GW new releases page finally loads up at 19.07 on saturday, mark my words I shall voluntarily fall to the black rage and embark on a lifelong campaign of global genocide...

Ugh. That sucks. Glad I already have mine secured. :)

I can say as I have two friends who play GK, that the standard red of the BA looks damn good next to the grey,

With Knights of Blood you get that sweet grey/silver + red combo directly on the same model! msn-wink.gif

According to Google 'Knights of Blood' come in two flavors, who knew.

http://i.imgur.com/ga92b2w.jpg?1

(BA successor to the right)

Just had confirmation from my Fb group that BA Terminator kit goes up for pre order on the 13th. The person in question has proven to be fairly reliable with BA rumours to so I'm fairly confident in this one!

Instead of Brofisting with the Necrons how about these guys instead? 

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-I-CTK8oY1-g/VIAgge-fk8I/AAAAAAAAkwk/oC5lhUkV9oY/s1600/Wraithflight.jpg

"As Hive Fleet Leviathan spreads across the galaxy, the eldar of Iyanden enact a desperate plan to stop a splinter of the fleet that could spell doom for the already-ravaged craftworld. Iyanna Arienal leads an armada of sinister wraithfighters and other deadly spacecraft to aid a human fleet in battling the tyranids – but her true motives may be far more sinister."

Archived