flesh tearer books

It depends on what you enjoy reading. I myself enjoyed all the Flesh Teaser stories.

Trial of Blood is a collection of shorts that were previously released with some new interconnection stories. Very entertaining and insightful to the Blood Angels and their brother Chapters (if that interests you).

Flesh of Cretacia was interesting for its dealing with the mindset of a "newborn" Flesh Tearers. The interactions between the officers and Amit as well as Amit's internal decisions for the Chapter.

I just finished Sons of Wrath myself. Without a doubt the best Flesh Tearer story I've read to date. I can easily say it would compete with any HH book written so far.

All my opinions of course, hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Just now reading "Trial By Blood" and "A Son's Burden".

Had a comment and question:

+ So the Lamenters still live

+ Are the Flesh Tearers currently the loyalist Chapter closest to the brink of judgement / excommunication?

• 1 month later...

+ Are the Flesh Tearers currently the loyalist Chapter closest to the brink of judgement / excommunication?

I think they are right up there on the inquisitions list, however they usually manage to dodge any form punishment through fair or foul means.

Eg sending boarding torpedoes full of death company into a hospital ship to get rid of witnesses of an earlier massacre, I mean it's pretty nuts the stuff they get up to.

I think they are right up there on the inquisitions list, however they usually manage to dodge any form punishment through fair or foul means.

Eg sending boarding torpedoes full of death company into a hospital ship to get rid of witnesses of an earlier massacre, I mean it's pretty nuts the stuff they get up to.

No different than the Dark Angels purging knowledge about the Fallen, were just a little bit more insane, brutal and blunt with our methods, most important thing to bare in mind in the Grimdark of the far future, no one is innocent and were all a different shade of grey.

At Slaughters End was fantastic IMO. I love it for its portrayal of Amit, a man conflicted with the choices hes made and the consequences of a life consumed by the thirst for violence and slaughter that may eventually be his, and his chapters undoing, powerful stuff.

Flesh of Cretacia.... not so much, yes it has the violence and the sheer brutality of the Flesh Tearers and their approach to war, but thats about all it is, chest pounding and screaming, nothing really deep happens in this one, other than Amit having descent amongst the ranks. Seriously I dont care who you are, you wouldnt be so disrespectful to a bear with a soar head much less the Chapter Master of the Flesh Tearers, just didnt sit too well with me.

Haven't read slaughters end but it just made the short list : )

Would definatly recommend sons of wrath, I usually get the books to keep the price down, sons of wrath really sets up the cretacia book. As in why are these guys running around the jungle killing dinosaurs - they got split from BA and are finding their own identity.

Are you refering to the events in Blood in the Machine? Because as brutal as it is I would argue that Seth was provoked (I won't put more because of spoilers).

I would definitely recomend that audiobook though as you get a real insight into Seth as a character and if anything he is a lot more pro human than other astartes/ inquisition leaders. Plus the opening when he is talking to an ork as he throttles it to death is just so awesome.

I agree with what everyones said about Flesh of Cretacia also you get a real feel for how deadly the planet itself is so just how tough it would be to be raised there. Very similar to the way Fenris is protrayed in Battle of the Fang.

Archived