Grav guns for BA...are DA next?

Epimetheus13

This is really a weird thing to talk about from a tactical stand point.

1) Do I use greenwing tacticals? Hardly... not that they're horrid just because the army usually doesn't lend itself best to that kind of battleplan

2) Would I put Gavguns in said tactical squad? Heck no.

The point would not be that Tactical Squads would get access to grav weapons (thought in that set and in Sterngarud Vets is where they would be available model-wise if they do show up), but that the Chapter would have access to them, meaning Ravenwing Attack Squadrons and Company Veterans would get acess to them.

Yeesh, that LSV needs some serious help rulewise, a grav large blast would be pretty awesome.  I would pay the current price of that model if that were the case, even with the jink rules hurting its usefulness.

As for grav guns, we need them we need them badly, but for the sake of balance we may never see them.  I think Grav Guns on bikes are as close to a broken weapon as they come and I don't see them being given out to us.

If it is true about tactical bases changing size I feel bad now.

I am one of those few people that has 90% of all my tac painted and based on custom bases, pinned down on them to be precise

62, pinned on custom bases, painted models.

Of course there is no pressure right now to change their bases right now they are fine on what they have, but later the pressure will be there.....

I get the feeling that GW does best it can to loose me as my customer. (my first ever army: Dogs of War, secon is Bretonnia, third and last from this company is Dark Angels)

No need to rebase necassarily. Just mount existing models/bases onto 32mm diameter clear acetate sheet bases for use during games.

My guess is that models will look so much better on their bigger bases that it'll be hard to resist the urge to change. That's what happened to me when termy bases were enlarged anyway :)

As for grav guns I'm not holding too much on that score for the DA tac squads (or any other unit for that matter). I don't really understand why they've suddenly appeared on the BA Tac squad tbh. Heavy flamers I can understand as it fits their love of all things flamey.

Cheers

I

If I had the money, my entire power armoured part of my army would be made from our vet box.  Its a really good set with lots of extras.  The Ravenwing box came with bits for dreadnoughts and other useful bits to Dark Angel up my other vehicles.

I am generally pretty happy with what we get.  Wouldn't mind forge world pulling their fingers out and making us some new cool models (I am looking at you Dark Angels Heresy models!) though.

As for Grav guns, space wolves don't get them do they?  So there's no guarantee we will get them.  I actually prefer plasma guns on infantry, according to my (admittedly in the head only) maths, there are few situations where grav is better than plasma, unless on a bike or other relentless platform.

Blood Angels in 5th edition were Codexers +1, so it doesn't surprise me they get them.

Archived