General SOB questions.....Help please.

Crimson Templar

I do not have a copy of the codex covering the Inquisiton and I am in the process of getting ready to sell off my Guard army.  Does the Inquisition still work with the SOB army?  Are there still ][ storm troopers?  Im affraid that if I sell off all of my guard army, I will not have a decent SOB army.

Next I have read a lot of different army lists for Sisters and I know that they need anti air and long range fire power.  How would and Inquisitor force help this?

Fluff-wise the Inquisition works with any Imperial assets the Inquisitor has the clout to commandeer. Ordo Hereticus Inquisitors are most likely to dragoon a group of Sisters because their field of interests both concern the witch, mutant, and heretic.

Game-wise someone else will have to fill you in because I don't run Inquisitor allies. You could probably approximate an old Witch Hunters army using Inquistion, Adepta Sororitas, and Tempestus Scions (I guess, because I didn't play the WH codex.)

Inquisitorial Stormtroopers are a thing of the past - you just have to ally in some Tempestus Scions for those.

The Inquisitor book lets you bring an Inquisitor and their warband - like the old Retinue the Lord Inquisitor could have, except a bit more customisable. You get Warriors (who can have wargear), Crusaders, Death Cultists, Priests, Psykers and a couple of others I can't remember.

Scions work well with sisters and inquisitors are a nice cheap way of adding a couple extra Heretic hunting characters but they are not needed, I run Vanilla sisters 90% of the time and they get the job done.

At days end it just comes down to what you like.

Besides now with it being Inqusitorial Henchmen its the best chance you will get for crazy unit conversions. :D

Its Jokareo, Servitors, Flagellants, Acolytes, Death Cult Assassins, Crusaders, Demonhosts, Priests, Mystics, and Psykers.

Is this for a competitive list/ local tournament list or just a fluff/casual game list? The inquisition codex has almost nothing in it that will help sisters competitively. If you want to Allie in Coteaz only (that is legal) then that can be good. IG are still a much better Ally for sisters. I typically Ally in a wyvern for Dakka, a CCS with a lascannon, and either a couple vet squads with lascannons or a small infantry Plattoon, and a vulture/vendetta. Another thing that I have found to work well with Sisters is a Firestorm Redoubt fortification. It's a armour 14 building with four exits, 8 people can shoot out, and it has 4 automated BS 2 twin-linked interceptor sky fire lascannons. It will scare any flyer, flying monstrous creature, or skimmer. It shoots automated so you don't even man it. I like to put retributors with heavy bolters inside. It also gives a line of sight blocker. Ps. It has assault ramps so Saint can jump 12 inches out of any door and assault something which can be fun. Ps. The inquisition codex is nothing but a couple inquisitors, warband, and dedicated transports. IG has way more options.

Thank you all for the responses.  I think I have enough information to make up my mind.  Guard to to ebay and sisters go to chaos!!  Yup, I have had a long time desire to run SOB as CSM.............Daughters of Darkness!!  More on that later.

Thank you all for the responses.  I think I have enough information to make up my mind.  Guard to to ebay and sisters go to chaos!!  Yup, I have had a long time desire to run SOB as CSM.............Daughters of Darkness!!  More on that later.

Ugh, really? As long as they're not actual fallen Sisters, it can work, but...

Archived