1000 point fluffy ravenguard

jeremy1391

Legion Viligator : Charnable sabre; Refractor field; Artificer armor; Bolter with special issue ammo, cameleoline 125

Legion Librarian: Refractor field; ; Artificer armor, cameleoline ; force sword (Psychic mastery level 2) 140

Apothecarion Detachment

• Legion Apothecary: Augury scanner 50

• Legion Apothecary: Augury scanner 50

• Legion Apothecary 45

9 Legionnaires: 8× Additional Close Combat Weapon; Legion Vexilla; Legion Tactical Sergeant (Single lightning claw; Melta-bombs; Artificer armor) 206

9 Legionnaires: 9× Additional Close Combat Weapon; Legion Vexilla; Legion Tactical Sergeant (Power sword; Melta-bombs; Artificer armor) 203

4 Legionnaires: x4Plasma gun; Legion Sergeant (plasma gun ; Augury scanner) 180

999 points

You commented on mine so I thought I would comment on yours ;-), I know you're going for fluff but I would really look at power axes, a single claw just doesn't have the punch and I always see Ravenguard taking them in pairs or not at all.

I don't think your Sargeant can have an Augary Scanner and keep the Plasma Gun so I would just give it the Apothecary.

As people have said to me what will you do if you meet a Contemptor? I love tacticals in 30k so I would always say take 2 squads put they chew up points fast.

Legion Vigilator: Charnable sabre; Refractor field; Artificer armor 125

9 Veterans: 2× Plasma gun; Melta bombs; Legion vexilla; Sniper; Legion Veteran Sergeant (Combi-plasma; Power maul; Artificer armor) 295

Apothecarion Detachment

• Legion Apothecary 45

9 Legionnaires: Legion Vexilla; Legion Tactical Sergeant (Single lightning claw; Melta-bombs; Artificer armor) 190

9 Legionnaires: Legion Vexilla; Legion Tactical Sergeant (Power sword; Melta-bombs; Artificer armor) 185

4 Legionnaires: Plasma gun; Legion Sergeant (Augury scanner, bolter) 160

1,000 points

Here's the modified list, I went for more bodies and adjusted the support squad accordingly.

To deal with contemptors and the like I'm using melta bombs on the sergeants and on the vets.

I play against mainly 40k armies.... There is a growing acceptance of the horus heresy around my area though so it may face other legionnaires.

My main opponents are marines of all flavors, Orks and tyranids.

I like it.

My suggestion is that if regular marines are a factor you may be better off with a power sword for rank and file sargs. You already have I5 so unless you face a lot of few wound 2+, the rending at initiative isn't going to help much. A dedicated CC character with a 2+ and any ap2 is going to go through your 5++ faster than you can rend. They're better off getting shot by your Plasma squad.

The single LC is better on the charge but does less damage over time without the +1A. Likely better off with another Power Sword and using those 5 points for a sword on the Vigilator.

That's my 2 thrones.

Archived