2k Sons of Horus (Had to do some tinkering after new faq)

Ishagu

HQ:

-

Troops:

-20 Man Tactical Squad, Sgt with Combi Plasma, Legion Vaxilla

-5 Justaerin Terminators, Chain Fist, 4 Power Fists, Multi Melta

Elites:

-Contemptor Dreadnought, Kheres Assault Cannon, Power Fist with Graviton gun

-Apothecary, Augury Scanner

Heavy Support:

-Sicaran Tank, Las Cannon Sponsons

Lord of War:

-Horus Lupercal

It's not meant to be super competitive... I've done what I can with what's available to me after all my Hq choices became support officers....

*Edited list*

Actually, I'm going to give heresy gaming a rest for a while... Too big of a monetary investment to add even a small amount to an army :-(

I'll return at some point in future...

Ignore my above post, I was just a bit upset that the army I had been working on doesn't function at 2k points after the recent faq. I've decided to sell several units on ebay as a result but do intend to continue with Heresy gaming.

One thing I'm happy with is that the new faq brings the Legion lists into compliance with 40k rules wise.

Anyway, I need to purchase a few models to complete the above list. I've gone for multiple Av13 and a deepstriking Primarch and Justaerin unit.

The list above leaves me 110 points for a hq. Can anyone advise me as to how it's best to spend those points?

My prior hq choices were a Primus Medicae and Master of Signal (I'm still bummed both are now support choices only). I also own Loken but he is expensive points wise and doesn't fit into the above list...

I'm thinking of something basic like a Legion Champion with Artifacer Armour and a power weapon.

Any advice is very welcome!

Legion Champion looks good but if you have a big close combat squad somewhere a Chaplain would be pretty awesome. Like if you could work your 20man squad to have CCWs and something to deliver them they would be pretty hardcore - especially the Apothecary :P 

I think the tactical blob would be better as a shooty unit, also they have interceptor granted by the apothecary so they can defend the tanks from deepstriking as the army advances. I figured the Legion Champion would be decent if the unit got charged and he isn't a big point investment.

I did consider a Chaplain accompanying a big assault unit though...

I don't think you necessarily have to take any Consul choice at all.  Go Centurion, Cataphractii, powerfist, and just stuff him in the squad with the Justaerin/Horus.  At the very least, it doesn't require you to make any big changes to the rest of your list.

That is a good idea, and it frees up a few more points for a few other squad upgrades :-)

Question:

I'm toying with the idea of a Centurion riding a jetbike solo, outflanking. Is this just stupid?

Wouldn't he just get blown to pieces before doing anything? A solo guy is pretty vulnerable even with a jetbike, what other gear would you give him? Melta bombs and a power fist or sword or something?

Power sword and Melta Bombs.

Can arrive from the flank and shoot up some units...

By that point Horus will be on the table and with 3 Sicarans on the board he might get ignored...

Also he can still join a unit if required... I have memories of Eldar jetbikes capturing late game objectives and he could be useful with clever use of cover and Los blocking.

Archived