Return of Marbo?

Idlem

So I've noticed on the advent calendar that the 11th is specifically marked for Guard on the data slate loaded side of the calendar. Seeing how last year returned Cypher to the Dark Angels, could perhaps we get a return of one of our beloved characters? Or you think it's just a formation? Regardless, can't wait for next week!

Cypher was not really "returned" to the DA as the only force not allowed to take him are DA ;)

It would be nice to see the return of Marbo but any AM character would be nice.

Scions are separate to the Guard, it's not like doing a specific company or craftworld etc it's a complete different organisation with their own units! I suppose if they did a supplement it would mean having to admit that other model ranges exist... so hope may well be slim :(

While I do like many of the old Guard characters, I am really hoping that it will be Marbo. Because he was a blast fielding. I remember one game when he blow up eight Assault Marines to my opponents dismay. Of course he usually turned up, missed his target and got shoottongue.png

I actually wouldn't mind playing with the old Guard Codex, it was that good.

All of the models for the above are not in the webstore though (at least in US). I think Cypher was still available at the launch of his dataslate, and I'm sure belakor was. I don't see them bringing back someone without a model sadly.

This is a shame but i would take a formation doing the same thing in that case.

Would I be right if I said Guard currently don't have any formations?

How about a Sabbat Worlds Crusade supplement, which can include units for Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines IN ADDITION TO the Astra Militarum/Imperial Guard, giving us more bang for the buck? It would be nice to field Ibram Gaunt and the Tanith First and Only again; for Macharius fans, they can include an Imperial Warmaster as a warlord, one who can be used for Slaydo as well.

Id be happy with just about anything new for guard. Im hoping for a supplement. A catachens supplement is probably most likely as GW still makes models and really wouldn't have to change much. Look at other supplements they got nothing new just a few modified rules, some relics and new warlord traits. Thats it. If its a dataslate, Al'raheem and marbo still have models but Tallarn aren't supported anymore so im leaning tward marbo on this. Macharius would be cool but he's dead(in fluff) and no model since 2ed.

Only a week until we find out! :P As for Guard formations, are you talking outside the Apoc ones? If so then I don't think there are any, nothing comes to mind at least.

There are a few non-Apoc ones from Sanctus Reach like Steel Host (LRs & Hydra get Preffered Enemy) and Rampart ( Bulgryns give another +1 Cover).

Archived