Tweaking 2.5K Salamander list

Draistlin

Hello Guys and Galls,

I need some help with tweaking mine 2.5K salamander List,

In the current list there is a Proteus, which I want to give up for something different... But what?(predators?)

Please give some advise about my choices or the list as it is,

THX in advance !

2500pts Horus Heresy Salamander List R.O.W. Covenant of Fire:

HQ:

200pts -Legion Preator With; Cathagraphi terminator armour, Mastercrafted ThunderHammer, Digital Lasers, Mantel of the Elder Drake, Dragon Shield

625pts -10 Firedrake Bodyguards with; 9x Dragonshield, 8x Thunderhammers, 1x Mastercrafted Thunderhammer, 1x HVY Flamer.

360pts -Spartan Assault Tank with; Flare Shield, Armoured Ceramite, Multimelta

Troops:

150pts -10 Tactical Squad

50pts - Rhino with; Hvy Bolter

150pts -10 Tactical Squad

50pts -Rhino with; Hvy Bolter

280pts -9 Pyroclast with; Powerfist, Mastercrafted flame.

240pts -Landraider Proteus with; Multimelta, Armoured Ceramite

Elite;

55pts - Apoctherion with; Artificer armour (Joins Pyroclasts)

Fast;

180pts - Primaris Lightning Strike Fighter with; Ramjet Diffraction grid, 2x Kraken pen. hvy missles

180pts -Primaris Lightning Strike Fighter with; Ramjet Diffraction Grid, 2x Kraken pen Hvy missles

So are you going for a really competitive list here?

The problem as I see it is that if you remove the Land Raider then this list becomes a much simpler equation for your enemy - Stop the spartan and they win, let the spartan through and they probably lose. With the landraider alongside it they at least have a slight decision to make over which AV14 box of doom to shoot at. So given that, I'd keep the raider, or redesign the list a little to be more flexible. Right now this is a bit of a death star with scary air support.

I'd have thought you could get away with a mere 5 Firedrakes in the spartan with the Preator. Maybe add the primus medicae, beef up your tac squads, or build up some ground based ranged fire support with the left over points. You could also consider the explorator augary web option on the proteus - 8 scouting pyroclasts could be very useful, and a novel threat.

Also, why the heavy bolters on the rhinos? They don't seem to add much, and those little boxes are by FAR your enemies easiest kills - heavy flamers or combi meltas would be fluffy, but points efficiency wise, keep them plain.

Thx for the replys. I think that a smaller firedrake group is a real solid option. With the 10 its to much points and the opponent can try to avoid the group so the don't do much.

I will look into a medicare for the smaller group.

Maybe a extra support or tactical group.

The hvy bolters were point fillers :).

I will calculate and update the list.

Next try,

Augury web is a nice option but to expensive... was in doubt about a extra support or vetran squad but would be only 5 guys... so I picked a dreadnought...

Please conment on the list :)

2495pts Horus Heresy Salamander List R.O.W. Covenant of Fire:

HQ:

200pts -Legion Preator With; Cathagraphi terminator armour, Mastercrafted ThunderHammer, Digital Lasers, Mantel of the Elder Drake, Dragon Shield

360pts -5 Firedrake Bodyguards with; 5x Dragonshield, 4x Thunderhammers, 1x Mastercrafted Thunderhammer.

105pts -legion centurion medicare with; refractor field, artificier armour

360pts -Spartan Assault Tank with; Flare Shield, Armoured Ceramite, Multimelta

Troops:

155pts -10 Tactical Squad with; melta bombs

35pts -Rhino

155pts -10 Tactical Squad with; melta bombs

35pts -Rhino

280pts -9 Pyroclast with; Powerfist, Mastercrafted flame.

240pts -Landraider Proteus with; Multimelta, Armoured Ceramite

Elite;

55pts - Apoctherion with; Artificer armour (Joins Pyroclasts)

155pts -Legion Mortis Dreadnought with; 2tl autocannons, armoured ceramite, extra armour

Fast;

180pts - Primaris Lightning Strike Fighter with; Ramjet Diffraction grid, 2x Kraken pen. hvy missles

180pts -Primaris Lightning Strike Fighter with; Ramjet Diffraction Grid, 2x Kraken pen Hvy missles

Archived