Mid-Crusade Guilliman

apologist

Hi all,

Finished working on my mid-Crusade version of Guilliman last night, and gave him a light prime to marry all the putty, metal and resin together. Hope you like my interpretation of the great Primarch :)

IMG_4091.JPG

IMG_4094.JPG

IMG_4095.JPG

IMG_4096.JPG

IMG_4097.JPG

IMG_4098.JPG
...and a scale shot, to show just how tall Roboute stands. I'm pleased with the posing. The aim was to get him looking like he's ascending reluctantly, but not hesitantly, to confront his brothers. Wary, but unafraid.

I'd love to hear what you think.

*Clicks on topic.*

*Sees exactly what's advertised, rendered beautifully by a true innovator in the medium of little soldier men.*

*Collapses.*

Fantastic work. Utterly gorgeous. A stunning likeness that Forge World should make a mold out of and then discard whatever plans they had for the XIII legion's primarch. 

Coo, thanks all. I've done a rundown on the parts on mine and Doghouse's joint blog, if it's of interest. He's not quite finished – I need to replace the sword hilt, which seems to have gone AWOL between priming and photography, and there are a few bits that need tidying up. If you have any thoughts/preferences/requests for hair colour or armour decoration, I'm all ears. :)

What made you go power sword over his Dual Power Fists-Claws as depicted in the Art?

I wanted to get the image of Guilliman as a statesman and paladin across – more 'noble knight' than 'bruiser'. I like to think he's got a giant armoury of weapons from all over the place (in fact, there's a bit in Know No Fear which describes such an armoury), and I imagined he would have taken to the field with lots of different equipment in his time. Since this is a mid-crusade/early Heresy-era depiction, I thought a sword was a natural fit. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Holy wowza. Very nice.

Gotta agree with Seahawk, though. Even if you want to keep it plain, a brown-ish hilt and making different colors of iron/steel/silver to separate the blade from the pommel/guard could go a long way, I am sure.

Very nice job. I really like the gold on the shoulder pad... I wish there were a few more pictures of it.

I have no idea how you did it... I never really got into the Primarch models from FW as I just can't see using them, but that's a fantastic, inspirational piece you've done.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived