Basing question ELysians

Orsah

I have a problem with the rules regarding Elysian special weapon troopers and snipers. Some of the models are in a prone position and wont fit on a 25mm base. Forgeworld supplies them with both 25mm bases and 60 mm bases. It seems that they think that the snipers and special weapon guys can be mounted together with a spotter in the large bases. 

But how does that work rules wise, when you have 2 different models on the same base?

I was thinking about mounting the prone troopers on bike bases, but would that be against the rules since they are not supplied with bike bases? 

Bases is a bit of an odd one rules wise, for simplicities sake I'd base them according to their rules. So if the rules have them as a single Guardsman then put them on the 25mm base as any other single trooper would be. HWTs are a single model for example that just happens to be representative of two Guardsmen for example.

I have two Legion Rapier Weapons Battery "Thud Guns" for 30k I put the Gun and Gunner on a 60mm and the Assistant Gunner on a 28mm. This reflects what my rules say, and is also what is shown on the FW website. Its easy for me as our rules say something like the weapon consist on a gun/gunner and a marine. If your rules say something like 2 wounds I would put them both on the same base. But it would get confusing if you have the snipers on one base because if it suffered a wound you would have to remember its not only down 1 would but 1 weapon as well right? Sorry to answer this question with a question, but I hope the first part of my reply was any help.

The sniper and meltagun troopers are just one guardsman with one wound. On forgeworlds website they are mounted on 60 mm bases with another guardsman.

At the same time there are elysian heavy weapon teams that works just like the Astra militarum ones, a 60 mm base with two wounds.

i actually think this is complicated, rules wise i think it would be correct to mount the prone troopers on 25 mm bases. but it makes it difficult to place other models in base to base with them since so much of the model is outside of the base footprint......   

As Orsah suggested, the sensible thing is that if the weapon has two wounds (heavy bolter/missile team/mortar team) then use a 60mm base. if they have 1 wound (sniper/melta/plasma) then use a 25mm base.

For prone models there is already a precedence, Tau Pathfinders had a prone model which was supplied with a cavalry base.

Check the FW website for some images of how they based the models but it is not consistent as it shows the missile team on 25mm bases

Archived