'Ah, but rage. Rage is our legacy' - Erino Callaphen WIP

Kobrakei

'Sing, O Muse, the wrath of Akhillus, the ruinous wrath that brought on the Achaians woes innumerable, and hurled down into Hades many strong souls of heroes…'

Fragment of The Ilyad. Eighth Century B.C. Poem, composed by the Blind Grekian.

'And so the Angel took flight next to the Master of Mankind. He slew the daemon and the heretic, and punished those who had failed the Imperium. Soon, he was to be left with the Great Betrayer, unto which he was rent, throttled by his most beloved brother. Even in death, Sanguinius never left his children. He became part of us, our genetic core altered by that most traumatic ending. 

They call the Rage a curse. Ah, but rage. Rage is our legacy. A final gift from our dying father.'

Sanguinary Priest Erino Callaphen, 'Ruminations on Loss'.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-N02Ruk-esSw/VI8edd5blJI/AAAAAAAAApw/3aNAXy17Gm0/s1600/latest.png

So, after that dramatic (pretentious?) opening, it's time to go into some more details. I'm building a small Blood Angels force, based around the remains of the Third Company after Tycho's death. Within this framework, I'm also hoping to explore and develop on my favourite unit within the Codex, the Death Company. 

This idea came to me when the last Codex was released. Some of the rumours suggested that there would be a spiritual split within the Chapter, between those who saw the Black Rage as a flaw, and those who would see it as a gift and a weapon from Sanguinius. Although this obviously was something that never quite materialised, the idea stuck with me. With the new releases, and a lot of point drops, I realised I could throw in all the things I wanted without making the army massively ineffective, and so here we are!

Below are the first things I have to work with. I also have about 30 extra Death Company from the last release, and 10 or so Sanguinary Guard. I'm planning to pick up a new Sanguinary Priest, some Rhinos and a Vindicator or two. I'm going to go with what feels right, more than stick to a list, but there will be lots of Death Company. Lots and lots of Death Company...

I've also gone and built my first model, and where better to start than with the new Captain of the Third. The right pad will be painted as a Death Company pad in both remembrance of Tycho, and also to tie him into the DC within the army. There's a little tidying up to do with regards to gaps, but he's basically ready to go. It'll be interesting to paint some gold, especially as I'm not planning to use any gold paint...

• 1 month later...

So, I've left this for a little longer than I'd like *cough*. But slow progress has been made, and as such a short update. I'll be doing a much bigger update when I get chance, with more pictures and details of my plans.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/-4DSiElGngV8/VL0WwTMtpPI/AAAAAAAAAqo/eZcnudiqIRs/s640/20150119_143623.jpg

And a WIP of the only model to receive any paint in this plog so far. My original plan for the gold didn't quite work out, but I found a recipe I liked, so went with that instead. Hopefully it looks solid. Also, I need to learn to take better pictures.  

Captain Machiavi, 3rd Company Blood Angels Adeptus Astartes. Known as 'the Mournfall'

http://lh3.ggpht.com/-jZFvUcS4uNI/VL0WzjaHAfI/AAAAAAAAArI/qOkTMJM8ST4/s640/20150119_143440.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So, this is obviously going quite slowly, mostly due to me spending a lot of time painting my other Space Marine chapter, the Crimson Shrikes (because one red army isn't enough :P).

But there's been a small amount of progress regardless...

http://lh3.ggpht.com/-N4-XJFxKlNI/VNfNMTHexnI/AAAAAAAAArg/z2KJeuhd7og/s640/FB_IMG_1423428444522.jpg

Enrino Callaphen, Sanguinary Priest WIP. I'm very pleased with the white, and will hopefully get some more done soon. C+C welcome.

Archived