I know I want to do a VERSION of the Ravenwing, but I am at a loss as to how I actually want to go about it, for the following reasons:

I think assault motorcycles are ridiculous

The Iron Lions don't have access to archaeotech like jetbikes

I was thinking of repurposing some Sanguinary Guard bits and having them do the job, but I can't imagine the customization I'd have to do in order to effectively have jump infantry play the part, while also countering the inevitable 'Counts As An Actual Giant Motorcyle Seriously Dude What Is Wrong With You'

So. Ideas and kitbashes and thoughts are welcome!

That actually sounds interesting - on both counts. I have some termie legs from a bitz bag I grabbed on ebay - if I picked up a sanguinary guard box and really went to town with the GS I might be able to put together something cool enough to be worthy.

I'm gonna have to research the stats of the bikes more, so I know what I have to represent.

Made a little progress detailing the dudes of the Breacn and Clear team!

Six

sarg2

Sarg

Lockbuster And Overwatch

Frag Out And Six

Avon Calling

Avon Calling 1

I went with Knock Knock on the shield, although I admit yesterday I was toying with 'Avon Calling' - but decided against it. Emperor Protect.

I have a vague idea of what to do with the Counts-As attack bikes for the Ravenwing: heavily armored servo-assisted combat assault troops with shoulder mounted bolter cannons and turbine jump packs. Or. Or. OR. After having assembled a projected cost of such a unit, I will buy some attack bikes. xD

• 3 weeks later...

made some progress with a few other Iron Lions to join the army!

Tactical1

Tactical

Full tactical squad, color blocked, sergeant getting some extra attention

Sarg

Doublechainsword

Beakie

Assaultbro2

Assaultbro1

Squad

Annnnnnnnd an assault squad, because I had the backpacks in the battleforce box and it would be a shame not to use them. I actually like 'em. I thought maybe that the red helmets would make them look like Santa's elves, but I think I dodged that bullet. Still need to detail the armor and add shading and layers to the metallics.

The infantry is coming along - just need to do 1st Company Counts As, 2nd Company Counts As, a fwe CQC scouts (I like scouts, sue me) and move along to armored support... I have a razorback and a land raider still on sprue, patiently waiting....

Impressive work. I like the camouflage pattern on the snipers' armor.

Thanks! Painting camo is a guilty pleasure of mine. I honestly don't know why I enjoy it so much, but I do. Something about tiger stripe makes me happy.

Updates, did a little detailing and poked at some shading and check-marking for distinguished members of the second tactical squad and the standard assault squad. 

Assault

Assaultbros

Tactical 2.2

Tactical 2.1

Tacticalbros

I tried the standard bone coloring with the brown > flesh > white - chestnut wash for the sergeant's helmet, but I just don't think I like it as much as the way I did it on my test mini for 1st Company. What do ya'll think?

Great stuff. You first two units really had me smiling and thinking of some Minotaurs/ Raptors cross. Great camo and a unit with spears and shields is too tempting (wish the rules would let me do a Slaanesh squad armed like that).

Keep it coming :tu:

...I'm kind of fanboying, you posted in my thread. Hahaha. Eee.

...erm right then

The Doorkickers are finished!

Sarg

Doorkickers

I have a CQB scout squad to do, but I'm waiting on some Scion heads for faffing around with first. No model unconverted!

In the mean time, I really should get to work on the vehicles, but I hate putting them together. My luck, I always get the kits that made passed Quality Control because someone fell asleep. :P

Still need to knock out a round of 1st Company Veterans in venerated bone and brass artificer armor... and I reallreallyreallyreallyreallyreally want the Ravenguard Forgeworld Dreadnaught. Just... just because it's so pretty. I don't even know what I'd do with it.

I've also been mucking around with some scratchbuilds for Counts-As Ravenwing.... but any progress there is stalled. I must buy parts. So so so many parts.

BROTHERS

WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Archived