Crusade of Wrath - Final Report

Acebaur

You may recall that Castellan Aquilon was treacherously defeated by a daemon of Khorne a few weeks ago in NX-01. His wounds were grievous but his spirit undaunted and howling for revenge. Since, the apothecaries and techmarines have been working tirelessly to bring this worthy brother back to the battlefield.

This will be my next project for this campaign : the venerable chassis is fully magnetised to allow 3 choices of gun and a choice of the weapon under the power fist. And since Aquilon's weapon of choice was the power sword, a power sword he will wield again.

http://reho.st/self/c0bbb722e8e247a3d3bc2bb8cffbfa47abb0a115.jpg

The oath has been fulfilled. I have also magnetised the sarcophagus front so I can switch from a regular to a venerable dread as needed.

http://reho.st/self/c69841549c8ea207c37d8c3519f05d252834de94.jpg

Here you can see the brother as interred (the magnet holding the sarcophagus is under the red gem) :

http://reho.st/self/fbebbd6e7925adc665c6fdc594ef64aa9d679821.jpg

And one more 'gain.

"The Rain Lashed Warlords"

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/909/J2Dlci.jpg

Regnhilde could feel the blood welling up his throat from a punctured lung. The beast's maw curled into a contemptuous snarl, blue wychlight spilling from between ragged teeth as though it sensed his discomfort.

"Son of Dorn, this did not end well the last time you attempted to take my life."

Regnhilde's only response was the howl of his plasma pistol discharging.

Darkan's Fold

Battle 2 - 500pts

CSM vs Templar

Region: NX-03

Host of the Last Angel

-Daemon Prince - Power Armor, Wings, The Murder Sword, Mastery lvl 2, Biomancy

-Cultist Squad - Champion w/ Shotgun, 24 CCW/AP, 2 flamers

-Cultist squad - 23 w/ CCW/AP, 2 flamers

Crusade Regnhilde

- Marshal - Relic Blade, Plasma Pistol, Storm Shield, Artificer Armor, digital weapons

- Crusader Squad - 10 w/ CCW/BP, 1 flamer, 1 power fist

- Crusader Squad - 10 w/ CCW/BP, 1 plasma gun

Result: CSM Victory 5:2 (3 kill points, slay the warlord, line breaker vs 2 kill points)

This one went more attractively for the Templar. Apparently cultists have diminishing returns on dogpiles. The battle went similarly, a huge blob combat that eventually saw the Templar happily murdicate their way through more than double their numbers in unarmored, unskilled cultists. The cultist dogpile lasted approximately 7 rounds of combat all told before both being broken and run down. Unfortunately for the s/o, buy that time Argel Tal had booted over the Marshal for the loss of two wounds himself. Then he proceeded to plow his way through the remaining 14 or so Templar, relatively unbothered once the single powerfist bro kicked it in the first round of combat.

Brothers, are we really going to endure this heathen's transgessions against us in sector NX-03?  This despot must be destroyed, and the forces they command wiped from the Imperium lest their heresy take root and spread like some damnable cancer.

Let us band together in this next phase, and purge NX-03 utterly-- set up a stronghold therein, and continue on this most holy crusade! 

Like super totally closed. All results from this point will apply to Round Four, which is the last round of this campaign.

Each of you look to your hearts and ask yourself, "Have I honored my Chapter? Now that I know where the Arch Heretic is, will I answer the call?"

The evil we destroy now, will cause echoes throughout eternity.

Go out brothers and shake the very foundations of the Emperor's galaxy!

ONWARDS!

Phase 3 Report

+++Priority Transmission+++

+++Decrypting+++

+++To the High Marshal+++

My liege; it is with a heavy heart that I must recount these bitter tales, but they must be told and their lessons learned. Sector NX-03 has become a bloody stain against the honour of our chapter; our great crusade has faltered time and again here, with little sign of hope. Our victories have been slight; recovering fallen allies from the field of battle and escaping, bloodied and broken, rather than standing proud atop the burning corpses of our foes. And for every success, we have been sent reeling from a flurry of blows that shatters our main lines! Worst of all, our honoured brother Marshal Regnhilde - veteran of more campaigns than most initiates can remember - was slain by a foul creature of the warp inhabiting traitor flesh. His death is a slight that we will not bear! We will find this daemon and purge it wholly from the Emperor's realm! All assets in the region are to focus immediately on finding the snake and ending it - it may be that if we remove the head, we can cripple the enemy resistance here.

Elsewhere, the news is no less troubling. Reports from the Renascibilitas Crusade show the enemy in NX-05 to be far more resilient now that they are aware of our presence, and what little ground we were able to gain has already been lost. We had hoped that some of our Brethren would be able to secure the region of NX-07, as this may be pivotal to our victory, but at last contact, Sword Brother Nayvos and his team had been waylaid on route. Dorn only knows if they managed to break through yet.

A small blessing is reported from the Thracian crusade, as Castellan Aquilon is reported to have been recovered from the field. His internment into the sarcophagus has been successful, and he stands ready to fight alongside his brothers once more.

To all the Marshals, Castellans, Chaplains and every Brother under their command, I say only this;

Your honour has been stained. The enemy mocks our failures and fears us not. Will you stand for this? Will you allow these traitors to endure? Pick up your weapon and shake the fatigue from your limbs, shout your war-cry and charge the foe! Slay the enemy over-fiend and stamp NX-03 into submission! There is No Pity, No Remorse, No Fear and No Failure. We. Must. Succeed.

Faithfully,

Marshal Sevenius

+++Message Ends+++

gallery_15184_7227_15786.jpg

I would "like" that post-battle report Mattias, but I am displeased with the results of this phase-- that action seems counter intuitive to me at present. 

What are the special rules, missions, and points limit for this final phase of the campaign?  I am determined to have one last, climatic engagement in this campaign before (real life) duties calls me elsewhere.  

I would "like" that post-battle report Mattias, but I am displeased with the results of this phase-- that action seems counter intuitive to me at present. 

What are the special rules, missions, and points limit for this final phase of the campaign?  I am determined to have one last, climatic engagement in this campaign before (real life) duties calls me elsewhere.  

Ask and you shall receive.

Brothers here is the mission. Return with your shield, or on it. Fight well Brothers.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ram7ltYxrrmLXKkmovc-yNJWfEO8ZMgtvpMabKf6ouM/edit?usp=sharing

Is it one VP for using the power of the warp period or per use?

No, it's a one time bonus. I'll modify the document to make it more clear. 

If you don't mind-- can you clarify in the mission description how the warp rifts can/would affect vehicles and flyers?  Better to have it clarified ahead of time.

I have been unable to participate aside from providing only a slight assist with a flyer asset to the cause. The warp has flung my band of Templars through space like crazy, but our Astropath has found the beacon (a good thing, for my Marshal was ready to execute for incompetence).

I have a large scale fight tomorrow against Traitor Guard, Daemons, and Chaos Marines. I will put these heretics to the sword, or Throne willing.... take them down with me!

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

Thanks Ace! My tiny chaos war band can use one extra VP!

Heyo!

^^ Argel Tal approves this message. 

Isn't Argel Tal dead in the HH?

For your Templar friend, tell him to run this list:

HQ

• Captain - Burning Blade, Artificer Armour - 160pts.

Troops

• Crusader Squad - 10-man (CCW & BP) - Power Maul - Flamer - Sword Brother (Power Sword) - 185 pts.
  • Crusader Squad - 5-man (Bolter & BP) - Plasma Cannon - Plasmagun - Razorback (Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter) - 155 pts.

This should be flat 500 pts. good horde killer, could kill elite squads of Terminators, a mobile anti-infantry support and a Captain that has the potential to kill Argel Tal... again...

he is dead after all :p

Is it one VP for using the power of the warp period or per use?

No, it's a one time bonus. I'll modify the document to make it more clear. 

If you don't mind-- can you clarify in the mission description how the warp rifts can/would affect vehicles and flyers?  Better to have it clarified ahead of time.

Yes, apologies again. When that mission was originally created flyers didn't exist so it didn't occur to me :p

Flyers are unaffected by the rifts as long as they are Zooming. Same goes for FMC that are in the air(forget what their Zooming is called) Hovering Flyers, FMC's on the ground and all vehicles get sucked in just like infantry. 

I'll clarify on the document as well

Just to make sure my wording was clear on it, if an infantry unit comes into contact with it, only the models that touch it are destroyed, not the whole unit. 

Heyo!

For your Templar friend, tell him to run this list:

HQ

• Captain - Burning Blade, Artificer Armour - 160pts.
Troops

• Crusader Squad - 10-man (CCW & BP) - Power Maul - Flamer - Sword Brother (Power Sword) - 185 pts.
  • Crusader Squad - 5-man (Bolter & BP) - Plasma Cannon - Plasmagun - Razorback (Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter) - 155 pts.
This should be flat 500 pts. good horde killer, could kill elite squads of Terminators, a mobile anti-infantry support and a Captain that has the potential to kill Argel Tal... again...

he is dead after all :p

I suppose you could argue he's dead... But seeing as how that's only a bit of annoyance for a lot of other big names in the heresy, I hold out hope.

Thanks for the list suggestion! The girlfriend is pretty new to 40k, but she wanted to learn. I thought the small scale battles for this event would be a good place for her to start.

What would you suggest for 1000pts? We wanted to shoot for a larger battle for the final phase.

Here is the list I ran at 1000 in a recent campaign. 

HQ - MoF

Elites - Ironclad with twin HF in a pod

Troops -

Crusader Squad x5+2 w/flamer, Power Axe, SB w/Power sword. Rhino Transport

Crusader Squad x5 w/plasma gun Razorback transport w/Las-Plas

Tactical Squad x5 w/melta, sgt w/combi-melta in a pod

Fast Attack - Land Speeder squadron x2 Speeders, both w/Typhoons

Stormtalon w/ Skyhammers

The list did really well in two games against blood angels. The Landspeeders especially were boss. Their firepower and cheap points cost made them one of the best values in the list. The Stormtalon was also awesome. Strafing Run made it so I almost never missed and it's high hot count made it useful for taking out both infantry and light vehicles. 

Heyo!

He is. The manner of it is quite sad as well, despite the fact that he is a "traitor".

Heyo!

He is. The manner of it is quite sad as well, despite the fact that he is a "traitor".

Sympathy? For a heretic? On the Black Templar forum?!?

16764799325_be2fa4e0b8_n.jpg

Seriously, you all need a paddlin'. 

Heyo!

Sympathy? For a heretic? On the Black Templar forum?!?

16764799325_be2fa4e0b8_n.jpg

Seriously, you all need a paddlin'. 

I'll actually challenge you on that !

I'll actually challenge you on that !

How exactly is challenging a chaplain supposed to persuade him that you aren't guilty of heretical thinking?  

Anyways, back to the topic at hand.  Anyone have any interesting lists they're busting out for this final phase of the campaign? 

Got a victory bat-rep to post later today for NX-03... dice were rolling hotter than an overheating plasma cannon... my LGS let us use a corner of the store for three days... we're regulars and pull in crowds.

I look forward to reading it. Eagerly.

Archived