Python theorem

zebbie

Does the latest codex still allow for conscripts?

I was reading a bunch of fan fics from another universe and they were heavy on the monty python references, why should they have all the fun? (Going for fun and fluff over tabletop effectiveness)

My idea is thus:

A planet found an ancient tome on their homeworld and revered is as sacred writings. The effects are:

1. The Roman Catholic effect: Due to a population boom they regularly make tithes of youth army conscripts, must always include conscripts, maxing out on them when ever possible.

2. Silly Walks effect: All veteran squads must include transports as their funny walks slow most of them down.

3. The Fart effect: all infantry squads (in platoon) may only take lasguns. Only weapons squads may take heavy/special weapons.

4. The cheesemakers effect: all units recieving orders must randomise orders.

5. No-one expects the Spanish inquisition: army may take legion of the damned allies (if possible) the units profile, weaponry, etc, must be randomised from any infantry squad in any codex owned by the player of equal or lesser points cost and size. Ie, I pay for 5 space marines and may end up with 5 gretchin, or 5 space marines, but I won't end up with 5 terminators as these cost more points.

6. All failed morale test rolls must be accompanied by cries of "RUN AWAy!"

All suggestions welcome.

No, but if you'd like I can shoot you in the leg so you can do a funny walk... :P

If you wanted Python references I think the best thing would be to do so on the models. Perhaps the vox operator has a coconut on his belt and one of the soft helmet heads from tank or sentinel boxes for example?

Converting doesn't have to take lots of skill, it's as much good use of bits as anything else :) For example for my Patsy idea all you'd need is existing bits from Guard kits and making some coconuts would not only be very easy with green stuff but a great introduction to using it if you're new to sculpting. It's just a matter of being creative and a healthy bits box never hurt anyone! Give it a go and you'll be surprised, everyone starts out rubbish at something ;)

A Junior Officer with a metal plate in his head named Sir Robin. The metal plate is where he survived a Summary Execution.

A bullgryn with black armour and four bionic limbs.

A Ratling with an empty box with 'cheese' written on the side.

An empty birdcage hanging off a tank.

Archived