Solar Auxilia Flamer Section and FW Jigsaw!

Slips

He's still a Captain, and looks far less blinged out than an Emperor's Children. It should be expected that he would look a bit more than the men of the line you can see on the cover mentioned. Which also looked pretty blinged out, by the by.

The covers of Shadows of Treachery and The Crimson Fist are the official Imperium portraits of Captain Polix, whereas the miniature represents the "live image" recorded during the assault (presumably against the Contrador).

I may get an extra model to see if it can converted to resemble the book cover version.

Where is it said that the covers are of Pollux himself? Unless it's stated somewhere that it is, I would argue that it is a basic breacher squad and nothing more.

Is he known for being a big fella?

Yep yep.

One of only two Astartes I can think of (the other being the guy from the Exorcists who was basically an Ogryn pre-implantation) with base Strength 5. 

Yep yep.

One of only two Astartes I can think of (the other being the guy from the Exorcists who was basically an Ogryn pre-implantation) with base Strength 5. 

Yep yep.

Mephiston is base five these days. Does he count?

Yep yep.

Oh wow. I mustve missed that. That's pretty cool, hope the model reflects that.

Yeah, so Pollux will be hitting at S10 with that power fist. And with his rule to reduce his attacks to 1 (still 2 on the charge) he can strike and Initiative with his Power Fist, which is Master-Crafted too. He also has a 3+/3++ rerolling failed armor saves from Blast and Template Weapons due to Void-Hardened and has a Combi-Melta so he can really screw over a vehicle if needed.

..for those who care about the rules anyways :p

He's still a Captain, and looks far less blinged out than an Emperor's Children. It should be expected that he would look a bit more than the men of the line you can see on the cover mentioned. Which also looked pretty blinged out, by the by.

The covers of Shadows of Treachery and The Crimson Fist are the official Imperium portraits of Captain Polix, whereas the miniature represents the "live image" recorded during the assault (presumably against the Contrador).

I may get an extra model to see if it can converted to resemble the book cover version.

Where is it said that the covers are of Pollux himself? Unless it's stated somewhere that it is, I would argue that it is a basic breacher squad and nothing more.

Nowhere at all. Just a presumption, given the scenery. Although... on the cover of The Crimson Fists separate novella, the same decorated breacher appears to be fighting fist to hand with an Iron Warrior terminator (Golg?) and he is grappling the terminator (Golg?)'s chainfist with his power fist... which Polux does to Golg.

med_gallery_8429_9981_131812.jpg

Again, nothing in stone. I just thought the disparity could be explained as "from the mind's eye of an artist" painting the scene which is why it is different from the model.

Excellent! I do like his modified powerpack and how they've added his company number in Roman numerals on his storm shield. I'm also interested in taking a better look at the base, as it looks like he's standing on a banner or something.

One minor gripe is that Polux's power fist has swapped hands between Neil Roberts' artwork and the Forgeworld sculpt. Presumably his weapons locker consisted of a storm shield, a bolter and several matched pairs of power gloves?

Yeah, Foreground of the base looks like a Banner; perhaps Iron Warriors for when he took over the Contrador?

As for his base, its probably a Scenic (40-60mm) with inlaid 25mm.

Yeah, Foreground of the base looks like a Banner; perhaps Iron Warriors for when he took over the Contrador?

As for his base, its probably a Scenic (40-60mm) with inlaid 25mm.

The big base is at least 50mm. I doubt the smaller one is less than 32mm.

I'd be surprised if it was 32, honestly. I don't see why they'd start using the bigger bases on a Single Character instead of using them on a Large Squad like say the 20 man Lasrifle Section and slowly changing from that point.

Granted, I can see it working anyways since Polux is a Big Guy as stated in the fluff and they have to start somewhere.

One minor gripe is that Polux's power fist has swapped hands between Neil Roberts' artwork and the Forgeworld sculpt. Presumably his weapons locker consisted of a storm shield, a bolter and several matched pairs of power gloves?

I'm going to need an extra model to try and change that. That makes 4.

One for Unification War era

One for Imperial Fists

One for post-Scouring Crimson Fists

One to swap shield arm and power fist.

If there is an optional helmet, I'm using fire golem's suggestion and magnetizing their heads.

Archived