Joint Exterminatus Assault Force Plog

I have posted this in th BA boards as well but its a joint force, I however want more sisters based feedback so I want to get folks views here as well.

Not many know sisters, lets face it.

Now modeling wise not sure if I should paint my regular order or do it in white as in the lore for this campaign but have a look below and tell me your thoughts.

(Considering heavy Blood Splatter on DC and Repentia)

So this looks to be an ongoing Plog, I have another for BA for my Dante force but this is a VERY different kind of force and is very Combat oriented so I am trying to get the right feel for it.

Looking at the campaign the way it has progressed and the sisters taking a strong part in it I wanted to see them taking part in the heavy fighting where they belong.

The force will likely be filled with conversions but for the start of it here I just want to make sure I have the correct for ce down as odds are I will be painting these sisters in the correct colours for this Force which is white sadly unless I have a change of heart and keep them more traditional.

The force is built to be a 1850 alpha Strike list using the Codex Baal Formation for +1 Initiative.

I'll hsow the list as below as I intend it to arrive.

The Entire force arrives from reserves.

Turn 1 2 drop pods fly in.

The First is:

5 Man Marine Squad

Combi Melta

Melta Gun

Drop Pod

Storm Bolter

the Second is:

8 Sisters of Battle

Simulacrum imperialis

Combi Plasma

Melta Gun

With

Captain Karlaen

Helping the unit out and giving rerolls to Reserves which I need.

Drop Pod

Storm Bolter

That unit will either drop in close or far way depending on the enemy force.

Turn 2:

3rd Drop pod will arrive.

5 Man Marine Squad

Power Weapon

Heavy Flamer

Drop Pod

Storm Bolter

This Squad will drop in close ready to attack going for the smaller units or moving others off objectives.

- Storm Raven 1

Mephiston

9 Death Company

2 Power Weapons

2 Inferno Pistols

3 Power Fists

Lemartes

This unit will come in hot going straight for armour and making sure to get ready for assault next turn.

Storm Raven 2

10 Sisters Repentia

Mistress of Repentance

Jacobus (Will be modeled as a different priest for the different order of sisters)

Same role as the first Storm Raven but will go for bigger targets like Knights etc for the eviserators to come into play.

Now playing this force as I look at it comes across as fast moving, good anti troop, good anti armour, anti air, great combat and fluff to boot.

The only weakness is turn 1 we will be on the back foot and must survive that turn which means where I drop my pods.

Any thoughts, any tips?

Nice to see some campaign Inspired projects :)

For the list, is this intended to be super-competitive, or are you following the fluff?  If competitive I can see several things that could be swapped around to make things more efficient at the very least.

Thought it was a bit of a twist so I would have a go trying to keep things as accurate as possible whilst still being a strong force.

With how many sisters died in part one I think I can warrent the amount of Sister Repentia seeing the loss as a personal failing and consigning themselves to the Repentia until the Enemy Nid force is eradicated with holy fire and Eviserator.

The list is meant to be fluffy but competitive as well.

I have thought this up whilst in work to keep me sane but it needs some polish to be the best it can be.

I just want to change things however without taking away the fluff eliment but load outs etc are fully open to change and no idea is a bad one at this early stage.

Anyway to show off my Mephiston.

Make no Mistake though, he will not be the Warlord, he is too big of a target and there is another I need the traits from for this roll.

The Good captain who fought along side the sisters in the first book shall have the honour of being my forces Warlord. 

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp222/DukeDanseMacambre/IMG_06791.jpg

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp222/DukeDanseMacambre/IMG_06801.jpg

Okay, list advice (finally, sorry about that)!

First thing I would suggest is that it might be worth swapping your units around a bit... for example, at the moment you have a drop pod with marines and combi-melta and meltagun.  Since this is clearly an anti-tank suicide unit, would it not be better to take 5 Sisters with double meltaguns?  They will shoot better with preferred enemy and do the exact same job for cheaper.  They might even keep a melta alive for a second turn.

I would consider swapping the other 5-man squad out for Sisters aswell, ditching the power weapon.  This way you can have Heavy flamer, flamer and combi-flamer all firing off the turn they land instead of just a heavy flamer.  Again, preferred enemy makes it better too, and a single power weapon probably won't last long enough to get into combat.

The big squad I would change in turn to Blood Angels, which would cost 10 points more for the same size squad and loadout (which the other squads have covered the cost of).

For the Repentia, I think they would be better served starting on the board in most situations because they create that threat bubble and then can charge Turn 2 as opposed to Turn 3 (at the earliest).  Uriah really helps but sanguinary Priests and Master of the Forges will really help too, though I guess if you want to keep the Alpha Strike theme then the second Storm Raven is necessary.

Okay, list advice (finally, sorry about that)!

First thing I would suggest is that it might be worth swapping your units around a bit... for example, at the moment you have a drop pod with marines and combi-melta and meltagun.  Since this is clearly an anti-tank suicide unit, would it not be better to take 5 Sisters with double meltaguns?  They will shoot better with preferred enemy and do the exact same job for cheaper.  They might even keep a melta alive for a second turn.

I would consider swapping the other 5-man squad out for Sisters aswell, ditching the power weapon.  This way you can have Heavy flamer, flamer and combi-flamer all firing off the turn they land instead of just a heavy flamer.  Again, preferred enemy makes it better too, and a single power weapon probably won't last long enough to get into combat.

The big squad I would change in turn to Blood Angels, which would cost 10 points more for the same size squad and loadout (which the other squads have covered the cost of).

For the Repentia, I think they would be better served starting on the board in most situations because they create that threat bubble and then can charge Turn 2 as opposed to Turn 3 (at the earliest).  Uriah really helps but sanguinary Priests and Master of the Forges will really help too, though I guess if you want to keep the Alpha Strike theme then the second Storm Raven is necessary.

I see what you mean about the suicide squad but I have to take them, troop choice tax.

Really hate it but suck there.

So in this I could not make that change though I could chance one sister squad to drop in smaller and take a large marine squad with the captain in it.

I think the best choice for repentia is in an assault transport so they don't get wpiped out before getting to combat personally.

If you put your 'tax' troops to better use elsewhere, though, it'll improve your army significantly, which is all Nami was suggesting.

If I do that I will be a troops choice short.

In this force sisters are the detachment same as they were in the campaign.

I could perhaps turn the 8 sisters to 8 marines and change the suicide squad to sisters with Melta but that is all that can be done.

Ok so after pouring over the list and taking on board all feedback I have made a few changes to the squad sizes and compisition in addition to removing Jacobus, as he is not warlord his trait won't help sadly and a regular priest is allot cheaper which also allows me to fit one in my death company as well for rerolling to wound. :D

A cannoness can take the mantle of HQ, was hoping to fit in a invun better than 6+ on her but can't have everything sadly.

Anyway, give the look a quick look over and tell me your thoughts as I am about to buy the models needed to flesh it out.

Keep in mind 2 Drop pods below are bought empty as fast attack options so I can put what i need in them.

Force Size 1850

Ball Strike Force:

Mephiston:

The Fallen
8 Death Company:
1 power Weapons:
2 Power Fists:

Lemartes:

Telesto
Storm Raven:
Twin Linked Assault Cannon
Twin Linked Multi Melta