Knights Panthera

Gorkimedes

So over in this- http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/298595-community-project-lets-found-a-chapter-phase-3-4/ - thread we decided to have a little go at making a chapter. Figured I'd try painting up a few test minis
To all who receive this missive know that these orders were not issued with light hearts. Two centuries ago the world of Jubel was invaded by heretical forces that I will not detail here. The Planetary Defense Forces and the overall population capitulated before these enemies in a display so abysmal as to offend the Ten in their entirety. Following a reclamation mission spearheaded by our chapter, the Knights Panthera, treaties were imposed upon the people of Jubel and eyes left behind to ensure their compliance.
Eight Terran months ago the Assurer stationed on Jubel, Hadduk Honzer, left the planet and rendezvoused with Fourth Company. The report she gave to me was damning. She painted a picture of overt disregard. Tithes of materials ignored. Men and women sent to the guard, substandard and fewer than demanded. Scores upon scores of recordings and pics showed a people openly disrespecting the Holy Lord of Terra's mercy.
Weighing the evidence provided to me I see no other path. With this message know that I choose to consign the ten billion souls of Jubel to an oblivion of their own making. They have turned from the Emperor's light, now I shall guide them to the altars of his sons.
These orders and requests for aid have been approved by:
Bogen Stein - Captain of the Fourth
Sigmund Hoch- High Chaplain of Rogal Dorn
Neurer Osch- High Chaplain of Jaghatai Khan
Hadduk Makash Von Ishma Honzer- Assurer of Conviction- Jubel
Test paintjobs
gallery_69037_8562_374096.jpeg
gallery_69037_8562_179262.jpeg

Probably going to go with the regular grey over the dark metal.

gallery_69037_8562_198870.jpg

gallery_69037_8562_178636.jpeg

Will do more once I've bought something to paint. ph34r.png

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting idea. I do like the Panther cloaks. Perhaps you could draw further inspiration and bits from the Warhammer Fantasy Empire Knights Panther unit. Bound to have tons of bits you could use to give these guys a more unique appearance.

Keep at it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, I picked up some fantasy stuff.thumbsup.gif I wanted to give myself a small project to complete this year and seeing as how the amount of chaos shenanigans going on here is off the charts I decided to try making ten chaplains. One for each Primarch and one for the Emperor. Just a little something to fortify my faith in this heresy filled forum. ph34r.png This is what I have so far.

gallery_69037_8562_139784.jpeg

gallery_69037_8562_154419.jpeg

DSC 0605

DSC 0607

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Is the last one Dorn's chaplain ? Manus's ? He looks pretty good, but not necessarily the typical Chaplain look.

Whose is the chaplain with the glaive ? I have to be honest, the helm looks more like Night Lords, especially combined with the chainglaive. Would it be possible to GS some feathers on the helm ? That would look more loyalist.

They look quite nice otherwise.

Archived