Last Game of 2014

simison

Right after my first game with the new codex (it was brutal but ended in victory), my allied Commander made me an offer. Another game, I choose points, which army he fielded (he has Eldar, Black Templar, & Knights), and what kind of mission.

Please note, that this player is one of the best generals of our FLGS.

I accepted and set the game for Dec. 31st. I've given him permission to use his Knight Paladin, to use the Black Templar, and the game will be 1,500 points in Maelstrom. (Because I love my new datacards.)

So, I'd like some help with the list. I know I want to bring a Priest again, a Fragioso in a drop pod, and try out the melta-suicide assault squad to take out that Knight. Want to try out TAC marines with grav weapons and throw them into a rhino for fast moving objective grabbing. One of my questions is: is Dante a good fit for this point level? Want to try him out, will definitely get to use his bonus Tactical warlord trait, but not sure if I can justify him. Thinking about trying out CC scouts for distraction.

Besides the Knight titan, some of his favorite units are: Chapter Master with Shield Eternal with centurion squad in a stormraven, guaranteed dreadnought (usually contemptor) in a drop pod, probably a land raider, and at least 1 crusader squad.

Ideas, anyone?

~Making the lis', makin' the list, makin' the list to slay the enemies of the Emp-~ Er, I mean, having a nice, ol' practice battle, yeah.

HQ: Sanguinary Priest

Elite: Fragioso + DP

TRP: CC Scouts

FA: Assault Squad

HS: Stormraven

Aye this is indeed a rare time where I can actually give advice I. Templars. The land raider is easy we have so much access to accurate drop melta that it is easy. After opening the land raider kill the squad inside with a large blast weapon. Remeber the land raider is most likely objective secured so you can ignore. Make sure to eliminate the knight as well. Try to go second since he has drop pods and so your own flyers can come on after him. Try to blow him up in mid air to kill his centurions. His crusader squads main buff is in challenges where they get re rolls to hit and rending so try not to challenge them. DC are good against them and with jump packs they are fast enough. Hope this helps!

Archived