Dreamforge gets us even closer to plastic Sisters?

Lysimachus

Hey all, not sure if this has been posted anywhere, couldn't see it here or in News+Rumours.

Just been on Dreamforge's site, think most of us are aware of their Eisenkern Stormtroopers which have been used for Sisters already. Well, soon they're releasing the Eisenkern Panzerjagers, a squad of female troopers.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/simoncherylm/Sisters/imagejpg7.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/simoncherylm/Sisters/imagejpg1.jpg

I think these could be even better Sisters, the body shape is recognisably feminine without being 'giant boobs' and shoulder pads look even closer in shape to the metal sisters.

Not sure on the heads, possible you could trim off the hats and GS the hair back, or if not just use the Statuesque Cracking Hairdo heads.

GS the sleeves and robes, maybe use the FW brass etch small Imperial Eagles for decoration, cut down some plastic bolters and use the underslung Centurion Flamers/Meltas which are slightly smaller than the standard SM infantry versions:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/simoncherylm/Sisters/imagejpg1-1.jpg

There are even some nice looking Sisters style bits available on eBay for more decoration:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/simoncherylm/Sisters/imagejpg5.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/simoncherylm/Sisters/imagejpg2.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/simoncherylm/Sisters/imagejpg3.jpg

Anyway, what do people think of them? They're not released for general sale yet, some time in the new year apparently, but I'm seriously considering getting some when I've finished the SM models I'm currently working on. Assuming GW doesn't bring out proper plastic Sisters in the meantime obviously.

Hmmm, I can see what people are saying with regard to it looking more like carapace than power armour, but surely that applies to the GW metal Sisters too? So from an aesthetic viewpoint I think they'd still work as PA. Not to mention that they also have a power back pack like the proper Sisters (although I would actually consider buying one GW Sister's pack and some instant mold to replicate more gothic looking ones)

The heads also do give a more IG feel with the hats, but as I said I'd definitely either file down and resculpt the hair, or use the Statuesque heads.

As far as the butts go, Sisters undoubtedly work out! :lol: If it makes it more agreeable, I would be GSing a loincloth to cover the back as well as the front! (Honestly, as long as they're not painted like naked skin with chaps I think you'd get away with it!!!)

They look ok to me but the feel more like IG stormtroopers to me.

One of the closer "not sisters" for me would be the Sisters of eternal mercy from Raging heroes.  Though the most that they have is concept art and once they get to the models it will probably be a lot of hit and miss with the style choice.

One of the closer "not sisters" for me would be the Sisters of eternal mercy from Raging heroes.  Though the most that they have is concept art and once they get to the models it will probably be a lot of hit and miss with the style choice.

As a backer of their current KS; in the vast majority of cases I have no doubt the final sisters models will look very close to the concept art - there will be a handful of cases where they throw a stroppy artisté hissy, scrap all the work they've done, and come out with something totally different, but not many(turning Kiki Bulldozer from a butt-fugly female not-Ogryn into a ridiculous BBW 40's pinup, for example). What you can expect is that GW will have released a full plastic range of Sisters including brand new Frateris Militia boxes and multipart Priest clampack before you see anything you pledge on the RH sisters Kickstarter, because these guys work so slowly they struggle to catch up with snails(and only then when they fancy a wee snack *badum-tsh* :P).

I acquired some Dust Tactics kits recently and their standard humans are almost as tall as cataphracti terminator, so how well do dreamforde figures scale to 40K?  They look quite willowy.

The female troopers don't exist yet as physical models (I think) but the reg eisenkern are pretty much bang in between SM and IG, if you search 'eisenkern size comparison' there are plenty of pics showing them with GW minis. I've still never seen a pic of one next to a metal SoB, which would be helpful...

I'm getting a squad to represent shield maiden/valkyrie allies with my Space Wolves but unfortunately they seem to be delayed. They were supposed to be available around the middle of this month but they haven't been made available yet. Since its a similar stand in, I was curious to see how feasible they were as plastic Sisters. The biggest problem I can see off the bat is none are modeled with pistols or melee weapons so Seraphim conversions might be more trouble than its worth.

If they release them next month I'll post some pics with some of my old metal models I still have.

Very true, but I wonder if Malus is referring to the arms themselves over the weapons, think the Eisenkern only come with pairs of rifle arms. DF do make a set with infantry extras which includes (among various other gubbins) a few pistol arms. Or it might be possible to convert DE arms with BP/CCW for the relatively few Sisters (Seraphim and maybe a Superior or two) that you actually want CC weapons for?

What's with the butt cheeks?

I know, right? Why is there an armor seam running squarely across the middle of each glute? I can see that maybe they thought it would make sitting or crouching easier, but honestly, no one has ever made "ass armor" as part of a suit. The groin and gluteus areas have always been mailed or leather. Even Space Marines, who do seem to have rigid armored backsides, clearly have segmented overplates that would move upward in a collapsing form to make room for sitting. This female armor seems like it would stretch the plates apart, leaving a huge gap when sitting or crouching. If the trooper stands quickly, what are the chances of the armor plates snapping shut on a branch, seatbelt, or other thing, causing the trooper to get tangled or simply drag along items that are stuck to their bums?

I was talking about the arms themselves and the posing. I currently run marines so bolt pistols aren't a problem. While I could have them aiming sideways like in video games when a character with dual guns is turning but having ALL of them would be silly. It's a shame too as Seraphim were my favorite unit. As for CCW arms, they convert easily to pistol arms which can be quite dynamic afterwards. Plus a power weapon is a nice option.

One of the closer "not sisters" for me would be the Sisters of eternal mercy from Raging heroes. Though the most that they have is concept art and once they get to the models it will probably be a lot of hit and miss with the style choice.

As a backer of their current KS; in the vast majority of cases I have no doubt the final sisters models will look very close to the concept art - there will be a handful of cases where they throw a stroppy artisté hissy, scrap all the work they've done, and come out with something totally different, but not many(turning Kiki Bulldozer from a butt-fugly female not-Ogryn into a ridiculous BBW 40's pinup, for example). What you can expect is that GW will have released a full plastic range of Sisters including brand new Frateris Militia boxes and multipart Priest clampack before you see anything you pledge on the RH sisters Kickstarter, because these guys work so slowly they struggle to catch up with snails(and only then when they fancy a wee snack *badum-tsh* tongue.png).

I've heard that RH has been taking a while and is only just has started to ship some of the KS stuff to its backers. However GW has had (within reason; SoB released in 1997) 15 years to put out plastic SoB where as the RH kickstarter was funded in july of 2013. I'm still waiting on Kingdom of Death and Wrath of Kings stuff from those kickstarters that finished around the same time.

Archived