My Tanith First and Only

Skaaptjop

Hello guys, I have recently started my impression of the Tanith First and Only regiment from Gaunt's Ghosts. I have one Cadian Shock Troops Squad and one standard command squad. I have no idea what a good list would be or even how many points the different Guard units are worth. I would appreciate some advice and recommendations. I live in sunny South Africa so importing is sometimes expensive and difficult, however I am going to visit Amsterdam between Christmas and New Year's. I can thusly get myself some units for my army. I am thinking of getting the Cadian Defense Force box set. Is this a good choice and if not, what should I rather get? Remember that the Tanith are an Infantry regiment, however I can include vehicles by painting them the colors of the prominent tank/artillery/vehicle regiments mentioned in the books. I will post pictures of my already painted squads a.s.a.p.

Thank you.

Skaaptjop.

Welcome to the Guard and B&C Skaaptjop! biggrin.png I'm moving your topic to the main Guard section as I feel you're dealing with building your army up at this stage rather than lists, and you can always throw a few list ideas later smile.png

Tanith are a good choice, will you be looking at getting the official models? You'd want to concentrate on Veteran squads where they have BS4 and can take upgrades that would better reflect the First and Only. It would also give you a great base to customise the troopers to make them look like more unique biggrin.png The Cadian Defence Force is a great idea for building up a mostly infantry force, the additional vehicles will also provide some good support without breaking the theme of being predominantly infantry.

Are there no online stores that you can shop with to save money, or is importing that much trouble/expense? I visited the GW in Amsterdam a couple of years ago, once you've made your purchases you must reward yourself by visiting a bakery for some lovely cake. You won't regret it msn-wink.gif I look forward to seeing your WIP pictures of your force, do you already have the colour scheme planned out?

Thank you for moving it, I wasn't too sure about where to post it. If you fon't mind me asking, what does a veteran squad consist of? Can you just allocate a normal squad and give it "Veteran" status? The issue with our suppliers is that because there are so few of them and thusly they bump the prices quite a bite. For example a Valkyrie gunship would cost about €20 more than the ones overseas. Also, while I am there I might as well get some. I am going to buy the official Gaunt's Ghosts pack that features Gaunt himself as well as Corbec, Larkin, Dorden, Milo and Rawne. I will probably get the Defense force then since it is a good basis to start with. (As you said.)

A Veteran squad is its own entry of 10 troopers, so you can have an army without a single platoon in if you wish :) Aside from the specifics of their unit entry they're otherwise normal Guardsmen, but most give them extra bits and equipment to make them look like the grizzled survivors they are. Great for customising an army :D

As lion said Victoria does some great stuff, in particular the cloaks might be of interest to you if you're willing to spend a bit more delivery costs permitting. Otherwise you can green stuff your own with a bit of practice :tu:

Archived