Air Defense Contemptor?

templargdt

I've heard people say the LC arms aren't worth it. I would have said the same, but lately I've been warming up to LCs and put them on everything even if they are overpriced, due to the presence of things like Knights and the new vehicle penetration chart.

It used to be the choice was between AsC and ACs. If you want longer range, choose autocannons. If you are confident you can stay around in the midfield with your Contemptor, choose the Kheres. You should always take the ML regardless but I don't due to points and I dislike the model.

I have two fully magnetised contemptors, if you've never magnetised a model before they're a really easy place to start, and benefit more than most other models to boot. Kheres pattern assault cannons are my go-to choice as well, but it depends on what else is in your list, as you have to be standing still to gain the skyfire rule. If the only other armour you have in your list is tri-las predators in your deployment zone, then consider the Lascannon arms instead - armour saturation is only relevant if your opponent has more than 1 target in range.

• 3 weeks later...

I have two fully magnetised contemptors, if you've never magnetised a model before they're a really easy place to start, and benefit more than most other models to boot. Kheres pattern assault cannons are my go-to choice as well, but it depends on what else is in your list, as you have to be standing still to gain the skyfire rule.

Magnets are the way to go for this model. I have KACs and Autocannons and I have had a lot of luck dropping my AC mortis in the enemy deployment zone with the forgeworld droppod (gives shrouded and you don't need to leave it when it lands) this means that you have a dread in place for skyfire when his flyers come in from reserve and in most cases you'll be hitting the rear armor.

Archived