Bullgyrn or Ogryn maybe Nork Deddog?

kotoro

Long time reader first time poster here. I recently got a Astra Militarum army through a trade. Today I got the multi kit for these guys for christmas. I don't know which to make. I am not sure which would be best for my Astra Militarum army. What do you folks think? 

Personally, I find the Bullgryns to be the best choice. It's an excellent unit to act as bodyguards for your HQ choice (be it an Independent Character, or a Company Command squad.), and they can dish out a fair amount of melee hurt on your enemies, especially basic Troops.

Also, the Bullgryns look cooler. Carapace armor does a lot! biggrin.png

Welcome to the B&C, and Guard kotoro! I agree with the others, while the Bullgryns are a bit more expensive I think it's worth it as they're much more useful. Nork is cool, but you're better off using the first box to assemble a squad I think, you can do Nork with a second box if you want as you can always stand a model in to try him out.

Do you have any pictures of your new Guard army? Are they already done or will you be painting them up?

One of the Sanctus Reach books have a Bullgryn formation. I do not own the book, but I recall it gives them Fear, Fearless, Counter-attack, and I believe it gives them the ability to confer an extra +1 to the cover save of whatever is behind them.

Whatever the case, certainly something you should look into :)

Bullgryns. For a 5pt markup they come with arguably better weapons fro clearing Hordes, far more survivability, and a nifty ability to protect your forces. Ignore the Brute Shield "upgrade" and keep them with the Slabshield.

Ogryns are okay at absolute best, but if you're facing any volume of Bolter or Pulse fire, that piddly 5+ Armour save will do nothing. They don't shoot well, they don't survive well, and they don't really hit that well in CC, so when they cost as much as the average maligned Space Marine Terminator does, they really lack anything that makes them stand out.

Thanks for the input everyone one. I will assemble me some Bullgryn. WarriorFish I do not have any pictures yet but I should be able to get some. Most of it is assembled just need the Bullgryn, 5 Rattlings, a Commissar and a Prymaris Pysker. Also got to re glue the HWT I got in the mail the other day and wait patiently wait for my platoon to arrive.

Bullgryns are the more competitive build. I'm currently building a squad of 6 half with slab half with brute shields. To give survivability and punch. Also dont forget to add to priest to the squad really helps to buff the squad in cc.

Archived