So I'm tempted by sisters... guidance required

helterskelter

One thing I wanted to point out, and I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but if you're gonna get Rhinos, you might as well get the Immolator set. All the bits for a Rhino, but some extra sister bits if you want an Immolator down the line. Just a friendly reminder of which kit to buy.

Not all the parts I'm afraid, they don't give you things like the mini sprew with the tank top hatch etc as that normally has a marine pilot on the same sprew and the Immolator top which makes our rhino varient and Immolator.

I thought it worth mentioning incase people wanted to make regular rhinos for some reason, such as buy the immolator for the pilot for another model and intend to use the rhino in a different force.

Nope, no new dex or models, just the continuation of the metal line... It better be after the amount of them I own. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Retributors with Heavy Bolters are a great answer to Bikes, Exorcists generally favour other targets.  Personally I run 1 squad of Seraphim and 2 dominions so for me it seems like a good mix.

I've ended up with 2 squads of Seraphim, a squad of Retributors and an Exorcist, but I've only got about 1500 points of Sisters or so now (I have to ally in Inquisition/Militarum Tempestus/Grey Knights/Space Marines in the modern era).  My Retributors have 4 heavy bolters and they've slain their share of things like bikes, crisis suits, etc.  My Exorcist goes after armor, combined with melta from one of my line squads and one of my Seraphim squads.

It's not cutthroat in terms of list design, but I've been happy with their performance.

This is a personal choice, but I'd much rather put the Heavy Bolter chewup duty on a Sororitas Command Squad (5 heavy bolters!) and leave 3 slots for Exorcists.

You do lose out on Rending, but trade it for a 5th Heavy Bolter and no FOC slot usage, just bring along a Canoness.

Interesting.

I've read a few guides, but I can't decide if conclaves are worth it, they sound great on paper /w 2 priests, but I feel they require allies to work since they seem to need an assualt vechicle.

I like to run them with Crusaders in the front rank and DCA in the second rank. Rhino transport and foot slogging has both worked for me, though a Land Raider is never a useless addition to an army IMO. I've also brought them in with an Allied Storm Raven, which is also not useless on its own.

I run the conclave regularly, up behind the Seraphim, works a treat.

Seraphim squad size is always 10 for me, they are anti-infantry and harrassment after all. If I used melta pistols I would go with just 5 though.

Has anyone tried using Saint Celestine to tank for a unit of Repentia? I did the other day, but they got assassinated out from behind her by a bunch of Deathmarks.

Well the idea was nice. Though it's nice having Repentia high on target priority. ;-)

Repentia work great but I feel your selling them short running them with anything less than Jacobus.

Celestine is a good tank for the unit but she makes them too costly a unit and too big a target priority, better to have her elsewhere in seraphim to draw fire.

In regards to retributors, I love running them with 4 heavy bolters, they give a great ammount of fire power  and deal well with large units, Exorcists I use for light armour and elite infantry like terminators or marines at extreame range.

For a tooled Sisters retributor squad with 10 sisters, superior and Simulacrum it will set you back 180 but will put out allot more pain on foot troop and a exorcist ever will.

You also need to remember the exorcist is a tad unreliable, 2 of them average 7 shots a turn sooooo.

Archived