Army Builder

Chefzilla

Hi Chef.

Start off with adding the detachment to your list. It is under the Detachment tab (imagine that smile.png) where there should be a Combined Arms Detachment and an Allied Detachment. Add the CAD just like you would any other unit.

Next, we fill in needed HQ and troops. Let's do something g simple like ... Yarrik. Go to the HQ tab and double click on Yarrik to add him to the roster.

Now comes the part you are asking about. Click and hold on Yarrik, then drag and drop him on to the CAD. The tricky part is where to click and hold on Yarrik. It is not the main top heading, but the next level in.

This is going by memory so I may be off, but it should look something g like:

+ HQ Yarrik

|-Yarrik

| |- stats and stuff

|____

Click and hold the second line, like you are going to drag him out of that box; drop it into the Combined Arms Detachment box.

[ETA]

There is a bug in the current version that makes Commissars and Priests take up an HQ slot each. This is known and will be fixed in the next update.

I stopped using it long ago because they really gouge users with their pricing and mandatory updates and they are ultra slow at updating their data. You can get a roster that is just as good for free from Battle Scribe or Quartermaster. Plus the last two update their data within days of releases. Whereas Army Builder takes months and in many cases never (like most FW lists are not supported by army builder).

I use it and have for many years... Yes they can be slow to update but I like the layout and functionality and the updated data files are free so once I bought the base license I have not had to pay any more.

Jacinda has covered your error fix very well.

Get Battlescribe,   Its miles better than army builder and free!   Maybe a bit more googling to get going but not much really.   Im extremely untech savvy and got it working in no time on PC and my android phone

This always seems to turn into the battlescribe/army builder discussion ;)

It ends up with the answer "use what you are happy with." If it works for you then great... :)

Thanks for the help so what exactly according to these rules is a detachment?

Anything that calls itself a detachment.

For Imperial Guard, they only have combined arms and allied detachments since they have no other formations in their codex. If you look at Orks, they have 4 because their codex has the Great Waaagh and Ork Horde formations.

If you are asking what these detachments contain, they are exactly like they are presented in the basic rule book.

I prefer the question "which is free?" tongue.png

I prefer the question "which is free from advertisement spam?"

Thanks for the help so what exactly according to these rules is a detachment?

Anything that calls itself a detachment.

For Imperial Guard, they only have combined arms and allied detachments since they have no other formations in their codex. If you look at Orks, they have 4 because their codex has the Great Waaagh and Ork Horde formations.

If you are asking what these detachments contain, they are exactly like they are presented in the basic rule book.

I prefer the question "which is free?" tongue.png

I prefer the question "which is free from advertisement spam?"

I think they both are if you pay for battlescribe.

Archived