2500 IF Siege of Terra defense list

lionofjudah

This is my first HH list and I am excited to post as I think it is a fairly hard hitting list. I know I do not have carriers for my troops as I am planning on infiltrating the Seekers and teleporting the termis (not sold on either of these units-see below) in on polux- Idea is to attach Alexis and apothecary to 20 man blob with contemptor, 10 man squad and support squad acting in concert to leap frog to objectives, 10 man squad wil remain behind as the other 2 squads move forward. I figure I have enough melta to punch holes in anything the Raptor and las destructors do not. Pollux is a beatstick and the moritat is there to kill everything he can. Jetbikes are harrying the flanks [and because I want to incorporate some Scars in my list.]

I have 90 points to play with and figure I could get 2 rhinos (not so fluffy for my Siege of Terra idea) and some shields for the termis or go all shields for termis.**I am not attached to Termi squad or seekers (both very expensive and I do not know how I feel about them in my fluff list idea)**

Fluff list idea is for this to be a strike force gathering together elements of the Fists, Angels and Scars to plug a gap in the line in one of the gates early in the battle. The majority of this army will be my Iron Fists company with the smaller tac squad being Angels (I really like painting red) with the Jetbikes being a Scars squad who happened to be overhead at the time. So far I have the moritat, Contemptor, lasdestructors, 1 Apothecary, 1 termi and 12 of 20 painted. The Raptor has the first layer of paint, 8 more guys ready to assemble, 10 dudes ready to be washed and am waiting for 10 more to show up in the mail.

I also have a Castellax and 3 Thallax I have painted up as well to add to my 3k list.

I am not adverse to assistance so please fire away with your ideas! smile.png

Legion centurion-artificer armor- moritat- jump pack- 2 plasma pistols=145

Polux-165

Elite-

Legion Terminator squad- 10- 2 plasma blaster=355

Apothecary Detachment 2- augury scanner 2=100

Contemptor- twin ac=190

Rapier 2- lasdestructor 2=110

Troops-

Legion Tactical Squad- 20- additional CC- Nuncio vox-vexilla-meltabombs-artificer armor=325

Legion Tactical Squad- 10- vexilla- artificer armor=170

Legion support squad 10 flamers to burn the heretics- meltabomb-augury scanner-artificer armor=195

Fast attack-

Legion seeker squad 10-melta bombs- artificer armor=265

Jetbike squadron- 3- meltabombs- volkite- power weapon=170

Fire Raptor-220

Hmm, I'd give all your Seekers Combi-Weapons (or at the very least the majority of them) and use them as a Priority Assassination / Eraser unit with follow-up harassment detail.

Give them 10 Combi-Plasma, get into rapid fire range of your chosen target and just erase it from the board. Due to having preferred enemy against the target getting Gets Hot! Results are unlikely since you'll reroll any 1s.

After that enjoy shooting special issue ammunition at BS6 due to Imperial Fists rules. Especially when you Rapid Fire Tempest Bolts into a squad. Placing 20 Small Blasts that have pretty much no-scatter will be painful for anyone to sit through :p

355 for 10 Terminators with 2 Plasma Blasters seems like a lot, no? Don't have access to my books and stuff so you might be right. If you don't give the Seekers Combi-weapons give the Terminators Storm Shields and use them as Terminator or 2+ save hunters. If you drop them, get Phalanx Warders for Polux maybe?

Little point of contention, Fire Raptor is Heavy Support :p

Apart from that, I can't really complain about the list since its pretty much going to be 2500 on the nose with just the Combi-Weapons addition. Maybe give the 2 Ten man squads Rhinos as you said if youre so averse to the Seekers. That way you have a mobile scoring unit that can act as LoS cover.

Thanks Slipstream! I have been thinking and as much as I want to paint termis I will hold off. So- 445 points to play with...lets me know where my 2k list is msn-wink.gif

Alright-

Legion centurion-artificer armor- moritat- jump pack- 2 plasma pistols=145

Polux-165

Elite-

Contemptor- twin ac=190

Troops-

Legion Tactical Squad- 20- additional CC- Nuncio vox-vexilla-meltabombs-artificer armor=325

Legion Tactical Squad- 10- vexilla- artificer armor-rhino=205

Legion support squad 10 flamers to burn the heretics- meltabomb-augury scanner-artificer armor-rhino=230

Fast attack-

Legion seeker squad 9-melta bombs- artificer armor-combiplas-rhino=370 (apothecary here)

Jetbike squadron- 6- meltabombs- volkite-=290

Heavy Support-

Fire Raptor-220

Thinking about a Legion Champion with a thunderhammer and a boarding shield to walk about with Alexis (already have this guy painted)... or a Command squad with Charnabal sabres and shields- would drop a marine to even out the points on this option- mainly I wish to paint a standard msn-wink.gif

Beginning to think about what I will need to buy in the next 2 months- if I run this list I will need 6 bikes, 3 rhinos, 10 combiplas- will have a lot of mobility and a fair number of bodies but no big vehicles...slightly worried about that.

If I keep the termis then I would need to buy termis, 3 bikes and combis and would not be as mobile. Thoughts on a siege army and mobile response?? thanks all

You think about using a Vigilator Consul? He fits in perfectly with the Seeker Squad; though at that point with the Apothecary its 11 men. You could cut 1 Seeker and add in the Vigilator. Since he'll pretty much have the same wargear as the Seekers, only fancier and consul-ier, it wouldn't take that much more work on your part to put him together.

Read up on his rules, his sabotage rule could tip the early game in your favor and if you give him scout armor he gains Infiltrate along with already having Scout and Sniper rules. Only thing is I'm unsure if you can give him a combi-weapon; don't have my books to verify.

Beyond that, yeah having a Legion Champion to tank any unwanted challenges from Alexis would be a good idea; though with his Power Fist swinging at initiative it might not be all that needed. Who knows :p

Read up on his rules, his sabotage rule could tip the early game in your favor and if you give him scout armor he gains Infiltrate along with already having Scout and Sniper rules. Only thing is I'm unsure if you can give him a combi-weapon; don't have my books to verify.

The Vigilator may not take a combi-weapon, for whatever reason. See, this is why on top of owning the physical copies you also pirate the crap out of pdfs scan your own copies so you can reference the rules anywhere, even on holiday vacation! For the Vigilator benefits it might be worth it. It would be a cool representation too, maybe an Imperial Fist who's spent too much time after Phall fighting his own war? Neat stuff.

The plasma Legion Moritat got hit hard in the FAQ. If He chain fires with the plasma, He gets hot on a 1 and a 2. And as soon as he overheats with one pistol the whole chainfire stops. If you feel good rolling your 3+, go for it. But if your not the volkite pistol is a decent replacement and can bring a lot of pain if your lucky with your wounds.

Id fill out the last of your points by taking a Combi-Weapon on all of your seekers. The preferred enemy plasma on BS5 is no joke and you will kill a ton of things with that.

Ahhh,,,, good things to hear about- FAQ on MOritat  and Vigilator. Hmmm.... then this happens http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/IMPERIAL_FISTS_LEGION_TEMPLAR_BRETHREN_UPGRADE_SET.html

Of course right after I ordered 2 sets of IF torsos... luckily I did variety so will probably pick up a set of the brethren to add a lil variety to my force with those awesome torsos and bits. (Will be trading out the swords n helms - lmk what you have to trade :)

The more I am reading on the Vigilator the more I am liking him- Also think that would fit well with the Siege aspect. First responder with the seekers as a harrying force to break momentum or take out the command structure or other immediate threat- also- the brethren torsos would look so nice as a Delta strike force. Anyways...back to the list :)

Legion Vigilator- melt bombs (scout armor)- 100

Polux-165

Elite-
Contemptor- twin ac=190

Troops-
Legion support squad 10 flamers to burn the heretics- meltabomb-augury scanner-artificer armor-rhino=230

Fast attack-
Legion seeker squad 8- melta bombs- artificer armor-combiplas-rhino=345 (vigilator and apothecary here)
Jetbike squadron- 6- meltabombs- volkite-=290

Heavy Support-
Fire Raptor-220

OK...now I have 220 points to play with. Maybe now squish in a 6 man term squad with a plasma blaster to teleport down on Polux's head! ???? Or a warder squad with Polux??? 

Warders are alright, but I think terminators are where its at. 

First responder seekers calling down terminators as the heavy hitters to "plug the breach" would be sick and you could do it very easily. they also have access to 3+ invuls so that and the  assault cannon. 

Legion Terminator Squad - 1 Sergeant, 4 Terminators, 1 Vigi Pattern storm shield, lliastus Assault Cannon, Teleportation Transponder - 220 pts. 

Like the idea of an assault cannon teleporting into the thick of it! If I am reading this right Polux grants deep strike for free so I would not need the transponder.... PLease lmk if I am not reading that right (p.271 of extermination and p.267)- of I do need transponder I will drop one of the shields from the squad.

Legion Vigilator- melt bombs (scout armor)- 100

Polux-165

Elite-

Cataphractii termi squad- 5- assault cannon, volkite charger on sarge, 2 vigil shields-217

Contemptor- twin ac=190

Troops-

Legion support squad 10 flamers to burn the heretics- meltabomb-augury scanner-artificer armor-rhino=230*****wondering about dropping the rhino from this squad and having them advance behind the 20 man squad and use the 38 points for another termi***

Fast attack-

Legion seeker squad 8- melta bombs- artificer armor-combiplas-rhino=345 (vigilator and apothecary here)

Jetbike squadron- 6- meltabombs- volkite's-=290

Heavy Support-

Fire Raptor-220

Why no Phalanx Warders or Templar brethren or even some fluffy heavy weapons squads?

Templar brethren charging out of a land raider into a reclaim the breach sounds awesome!

I'd say plan for a 2000 point list, then find where you need to put 500 more.

I will get the bits for the brethren to use on my seeker squad- not a fan of the unit though as it seems such a points sink for the reward with this idea in place. Warders may come into being at higher points levels as a breacher squad to chill with Pollux...heavy weapons squads -honestly I cannot stand the modeling of a heavy weapon squad- also, I do love heavy weapons and thats why I put in the rapiers as I really dig the idea of a treaded quad lascannon :)

I have a true scaled mkiib raider that is still in the works from my wolves that may see the light of day transformed into a spartan for this army. 

The VIIth is getting mad love from FW right now- http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/News/FORGE_WORLD_BULLETIN_42.html - this guys going to be my vigilator!!!!!! He just has AWESOME written all over him! 

Ohhhhh ye olde wallet will be hurting and I am about to start selling off my 40k wolves to pay to play this HH goodness. :/ ... don't know how I feel about that yet but the models here are outfreaking standing and I am digging the fluff from my RT days coming into being before my 40 year old eyes:)

Any hoo... 

I am thankful for y'alls help with this list!

Is it solid? Is it fluffy? Can it handle a 40k tourney?? Last is a big ? for me as the majority of my LGS' do not have 30k happening and I would like to actually get in a game of 7th with this army as well as build it.

cheers

Ok... Knight Archeon is 1 beautiful model! It is a flamer beast and costs almost as much as the flamer squad and the jetbikes together...

Perhaps I drop those 2 for 1 LOW that has 6 HP and a flame storm cannon?? Pros- big arse beautiful model that can lay waste to most units the flamer squad couldn't touch and can run 3d6 for a fast experience- also, D str chainfist that just looks BOSS, fits my idea for a siege army as the knight house would be sending their best to protect terra, would cost less $wise, awesome to build and paint

Cons- 1 model that is 13/12/1, May not be the kickarse beast I think it is, be funky to transport...

Ideas??

A little late to the party, Slipstream has covered most of it, but I would throw a couple of things in there:

- Augury on the Flamer unit? They dont benefit very much from it as their weapons are Assault so they cant Intercept (only Rapid Fire and Heavy Weapons), just might be some points shaving there.

- You seems to be lacking anti AV14, you have a four units with  meltabombs but they all require you to engage, and you probably dont want to commit your Bikes to being tied up, they are so maneuverable.  You have the Rapier Destroyer but it is limited range and as they are squadroned they can only fire at a single target. I would consider changing the Volkites on the bikes to Melta or Grav; you have ample anti infantry firepower in the list already with the Fire Raptor, Seekers and combat squads, but I think you might need something in case you come across a Super Heavy that requires taking Hull Points off in a hurry.

Thx dono1979- good call on the support augury scanner... Will invest those Pts in with the termis.

I figure the volkites could haywire the av14's... Also, therein is the idea to trade the jetbikes for a knight- that way I could pack a big dakka piece with some kinda knightly cc weapon for kickin heavy butt!?

Archived