1.5k Night Lords

Manwich

So I'm doing a Night Lords list for a slow grow with a few friends of mine. Please criticize away.

Praetor
+Jump Pack
+Trophies of Judgement
+Paragon Blade
+Iron Halo
+Rites of War: Terror Assault

Terror Squad
+10 Marines
+Volkite chargers
+Nostraman Chainglaive
+Drop Pod

Terror Squad
+10 Marines
+Bolters
+Nostraman Chainglaive
+Drop Pod

Terror Squad
+10 Marines
+Bolters
+Nostraman Chainglaive
+Drop Pod

Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter
+4 Kraken Penetrator Heavy Missiles

Night Raptors
+7 Raptors
+6 Nostraman Chainglaives
+Pair of Lightning Claws on the Huntmaster

Deathstorm Drop Pod
+Krak Missiles

The main problem I can see is you're going to have problems with anything AP14. Which is a surprising amount, 30k or 40k. Perhaps consider some Melta Bombs if you can? 5 Points a piece on each Huntsman, so 20 points for 4 Melta attacks, in case someone skimps out on Armoured Ceremite.

Otherwise, I think it looks nice and fluffy. You'll probably need a fellow Night Lord to give you more specialized strategic advice. 

Actually, Melta Bombs don't have the Melta Rule; They have Armorbane. They thus circumvent Armored Ceramite and are a better investment than a Melta Weapon.

Maybe cut a few Volkite Chargers out of the First Terror Squad? AFAIK, they aren't a "Everyone HAS to take one!" Option; so you could cut 3 out and have 21 points free (if they are 7 points each) if not cutting Chaingalives might be the best option.

They're five points a pop, but one of the two main guys I'll be playing against runs tyranids with some balls to the wall number of Tervigons so I'd rather keep the chargers in place for all dem tasty extra wound shenanigans. I might go with the chainglaives. Thanks a bunch.

Archived