Officially won my first game!

Chefzilla

Normally, Wednesday night is our campaign night but things got changed a little. I played against the Black Templars in a 1500 point tactical objective game.

First turn my objective was to take and hold objective 1 which by coincidence was the objective I deployed on. My Basilisk and Wyvern did their job against his gun line with Pask putting a round through one of his Rhinos. Ended up taking out 2 of his squads before the end of turn 2 demolishing his 2 rhinos and blunting his drop pod assault. Couldn't do much against his Terminators though but my Vendetta and Scions were able to take objective 3 and they finished off another of his tactical squads holding objective 6 and killing off the rest of his jump troops.

I lost 2 squads, 3 heavy weapons teams and my Leman Russ Squadron but he only had 6 models left on the field and I controlled 50% of the objectives.

Congratulations Chef! Well done on your debut victory may it be the first of many :D Terminators are tough but are weak to spam fire which is something Guard does well. I think I've felled almost as many Terminators to resolute lasgun fire as I have to any AP2 weaponry :P

I've used my scions quite effectively.  Against the Tau in turn 4 I dropped them on top of His Broadside and Sky Ray and destroyed them both.

I'm going to be adding fire barrels to my Leman Russ and spreading out my troops to be more effective bubble wrap. I'm really considering replacing the Basilisk with another Wyvern. That 36" minimum range kind of erks me. It paid off in this game but in others by turn 2 the Basilisk is useless. 

A question did come up though. I was getting ready to move my LR Exterminator and my opponent told me that I'd be hitting as snap shot. I thought I could shoot at full BS up to 6"?

Bah, what does the Internet know? It's just a series of tubes, the real wisdom is found in the barracks ;) Don't forget that the Bassie can direct fire and ignore the minimum range, even without barrage it's still a S9 AP3 pie plate of doom :)

Your opponent is wrong about the Exterminator, Leman Russ tanks are Heavy vehicles so they can move 6" and fire all weapons at full BS - the only exception is ordnance weapons which overrule it (which is only the standard Russ and Demolisher).

Archived