2 Priests in a unit

Yeah it clearly states under the rules for a leadership that its the models leadership, and since GW has an allowance rules based system and its not specificly anywhere else.....On that token, unless i have the litinies i dont solely rely on the war hymn, 25 pts is great for zealot so a passed hymn is just gravy.

War hymns not working on shooting is why I like them more as a unit to sit on the shelf msn-wink.gif

Then you're doing it wrong :). Priests turn a unit of Sisters into a viable close combat option, as long as you have a way to reliably get their War Hymn off (Litanies or the Warlord Trait). Keep in mind that Priests come with Rosarius' (4++), Canoness' can buy them and Celestine has a built in 4++. Once you make those re-rollable they are slightly better than a 3++, so you are well protected against AP2/3 weapons and anything else a re-rollable 3+ Armour Save. If you grab a 2nd Priest you can now have re-rollable To Wounds, which makes up for only being S3. This is without even considering the automatic Fearless and Hatred the Priest grants the unit.

Not to mention that Priests from Codex: Adepta Sororitas are Independent Characters (unlike Codex: Inquistion) and have far more weapon/relic options than ones from Codex: Astra Militarum, making them ideal for joining up with other Imperium of Man units.

Yes, but the relic options for Priests are mostly useless, since the Cloak of St. Aspira doesn't work with a Rosarius, the Mantle of Ophelia is pointless on a one-wound model, the Mace of Valaan is only good against daemons and crimson slaughter, they can't take the Blade of Admonition, and the Book of St. Lucius is made obsolete by the sheer number of Priests running around. tongue.png

I usually arm my priests with eviscerators... but that might ha e something to do with the fact that AM priests don't have access to the big swords.. nor powerfists for that matter.

Combi-flamer sounds like a decent choise, gonna have to test that sometime.

Archived